Due Date: April 1, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the UK-China Newton Scientist Link Workshop 2019 Under the Scientist Hyperlinks plan of the Newton Fund, the British Council and the National Science Structure of China are sponsoring a workshop in Shanghai, China from June 14-16, 2019.
Urbanisation is among the fastest-growing patterns worldwide, with one billion individuals contributing to the worldwide city population by 2030, and much of this development lies in China. This puts remarkable stress on lifestyle and sustainability in growing cities. The workshop will combine scientists in science, engineering, social sciences, environment, service, law, architecture and economics, from China and the UK, who have an interest for multidisciplinary cooperation to resolve the difficulties of the sustainable, low-carbon city.
The workshop goals are to:
- Foster interdisciplinary working throughout physical science, social science, financial, regulative and service domains which are all necessary to resolve the complex, multidimensional sustainable-city difficulties.
- Break down interaction barriers and improve understanding in between disciplines in the sustainable city context.
- Extend individuals’ awareness of low-carbon city difficulties.
- Establish draft collective propositions on recognized sub styles.
- Speed up cooperation on strong research study and development styles.
- The expenses of travel, lodging and meals throughout the workshop will be covered.
- Open to early profession scientists;-LRB- ***************).
- They should have gotten a PhD within 10 years prior to the workshop;-LRB- ***************).
- Individuals should likewise have links to UK or Chinese college, research study organizations or appropriate commercial R&D organisations;-LRB- ***************).
- The workshop will be kept in English.
For more details, check out UK-China Newton Scientist Link Workshop