Due Date: January 30, 2019
Applications are open for Go Global Africa 2019 The UK Federal government’s Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) is releasing a brand-new International Tech Center Network 2019, in collaboration with the British High Commission in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa. This is a great chance for start-ups utilizing innovation to resolve regional problems, to take part in an amazing and extensive program in the UK to find out how to construct their company to establish worldwide options.
Starting 2019, the worldwide Tech Center wish to welcome start-ups with post MVP options in fintech, healthtech and agritech to sign up with a 2 week program in London, in March 2019, developed as an immersive experiential knowing chance for any creators thinking about future growth. The program consists of meet-ups with UK start-ups and numerous workshops– the subjects are detailed listed below with more details to be discovered by following the link.
This is a distinct chance to team up with the UK to take your start-up to the next level. Go Global has actually been developed to prepare post Minimum Viable Item (MVP) start-ups for the next phase with a concentrate on improving company abilities; experiential finding out through peer to peer engagements with other start-ups in the UK environment; and essential knowings around how to think of and deal with a future worldwide growth.
- Initial session on UK’s Tech Environment: An introduction session on UK’s tech environment, chances, rewards and plans for start-ups to grow and broaden
- Consultative sales: This one-day workshop on discovering your very first 100 clients
- How to construct an impactful start-up discussion deck: An useful session.
- Session on cyber/online security
- Settlement: This one-day workshop debunks settlement principles.
- Offering to corporates and business in the UK: An introduction of how British corporates generally deal with start-ups
- Structure a strong user experience (UX): Know how to confirm your item
- Storytelling and Pitching: A one-day workshop
- Raising financial investment: What does ‘financial investment all set’ mean
- AI and automation for start-ups: Find out how to utilize AI and huge information to provide much better services and client experience
- Start-ups legal Mechanics: Summarize on legal mechanics for start-ups
- PR and marketing Laboratory: How to think of your brand name and construct a public profile for your start-up
- Information obligation as the brand-new competitive benefit
- Social obligation and constructing a flourishing regional tech environment: The function of business owners
- Effective candidates will be sponsored to sign up with a delegation of enthusiastic African start-ups to the UK for a 2-week immersive program in March 2019.
- The program will assist business to enhance their company abilities and ability, construct relate to the UK’s growing tech sector and deal with UK knowledge to take their company to the next level.
- Program alumni will become part of an International Tech Center alumni network that supports members to team up and innovate, and matchmakes business to chances for cooperation with the UK.
Travel expenses, lodgings and a lot of meals are covered.
They are presently accepting applications from business based in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa who fulfill the following requirements:
- Post MVP phase with a live item in the market
- Verifiable proof of some client traction
- Have actually not raised more than ₤ 2m of financial investment
- Active in fields intended to produce a much better future for Africa, with a particular concentrate on Digital Health, Fintech and Agritech.
- Led by a founder/s who have a strong sense of dedication and drive to enhance the regional environment for other start-ups to grow and prosper by handing down the knowing from this chance to their neighborhoods and functioning as future champs of the Tech Center’s work.
- Aspirations to broaden regionally and globally in the future.
Keep in mind that start-ups will likewise require to be offered for a preparation session in their house nations throughout week starting fourth March.
- Application due date: 30 January 2019 (12 pm)
- Evaluating panels: 7– 14 February 2019
- Travel dates to the UK: 23 March– 4 April 2019
To use, please check out the assistance, and send your one minute video pitch by 30 January 2019.
- Produce a standard 60 2nd video pitch describing your item and worth proposal (electronic camera dealing with, not told) and how you will utilize this chance to benefit your start-up and neighborhood
- Upload your video pitch to YouTube. Please keep in mind that the individual who includes in the video pitch need to be the agent who will take a trip to the UK ought to your application achieve success- This video evaluates your discussion abilities.
To learn more, go to DCMS