Due Date: July 7, 2019
The UK Federal government’s Department for International Trade (DIT) in collaboration with Development corner welcomes applications for the 2019 Lagos Immersion A brand-new obstacle which intends to light up the strengths of the African innovation scene and motivate higher financial investment; particularly those which deal with a few of the macroeconomic and advancement obstacles of the continent.
- How will you harness tech to support Nigerian business to do more organisation globally?
- How would you utilize tech to increase gender equality?
- How will you utilize tech to fill the skill/knowledge space existing in the economy; taking into factor to consider the digitally left out portion of the population?
- How will you harness tech to minimize the joblessness rate in Nigeria?
- How would you take advantage of innovation to minimize greenhouse gas emissions?
Effective candidates will get an invite to the Lagos Immersion hackathon on July 10, 2019, and winners will get the following:
- Winners will be coupled with coaches with financial investment background and access to a broader network for 4 months.
- Winners will be welcomed to the Beyond Nigeria networking session with the Deputy High commissioner of the UK High Commission in August 2019 and subsequent sessions.
- The chance to pitch your concepts to prospective financiers and partners in Nigeria and the UK.
- Winners will get assistance from the Department for International Trade and Development Corner.
- Access to regional and foreign Immersion business partners.
- Open to social innovators in Nigeria
- Candidates need to have a working model or a concept to take on gender equality, greenhouse emission, understanding space, joblessness and enhance regional exportation.
They are trying to find:
- A clear hypothesis underlying the proposed method to enhance the user experience of recipients;-LRB- ***************).
- Information on the style and method in application, consisting of proposed pilot place.
- A prepare for assessing the efficiency of the method and/or enhancing the user experience of recipients;-LRB- ***************).
- Summary of the style of the proposed approach/intervention; and,
- Developments that include structure on, interrupting, or adjusting existing systems.
- Effective groups will explain how their method would work within existing systems
- Ingenious concepts with a clearly-articulated method;-LRB- ***************).
- Approaches straight appropriate to settings;-LRB- ***************).
- Techniques that do not count on standard details, education, interaction methods; they like you being creative/innovative with your concepts
- Techniques that do not count on standard social mobilization methods;-LRB- ***************).
- Please keep in mind that methods that provide considerable information security dangers or have a prohibited guide will not be thought about
For more details, check out Lagos Immersion