Deadline: February 28, 2021
Applications are open for the UN FAO/Hungarian Government Scholarship Program 2021-2022. The UN FAO in collaboration with the Hungarian Government is offering scholarships to qualified individuals to pursue Master of Science degree.
The following Master of Science degree courses are being offered in English for the 2021-22 academic year:
- Agricultural water management engineering (Szent István University)
- Plant protection (Szent István University)
- Crop production (Szent István University)
The following universities and faculties are participating:
- Szent István University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Gödöllő
- Szent István University, Georgikon Campus, Keszthely
The scholarship will cover:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- dormitory accommodation;
- subsistence costs;
- health insurance.
- Residents (who must be nationals) of the following countries are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Program:
- Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Republic of Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North Korea, State of Palestine, the Philippines, Republic of Cabo Verde, Serbia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
- Excellent school achievements;
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Good Motivation;
- Good health;
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred).
The selection process as described below applies to scholarships beginning in September 2021.
Student selection will take place in two phases:
- Phase 1: FAO will pre-screen candidates and submit applications to the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary that will send them to the corresponding University as chosen by the applicants. Students must submit only COMPLETE dossiers. Incomplete dossiers will not be considered. Files without names will not be processed.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates may be asked to take a written or oral English examination as part of the admission procedure. The participating Universities will run a further selection process and inform each of the successful candidates. Student selection will be made by the Universities only, without any involvement on the part of FAO. Selected students will also be notified by the Ministry.
Interested applicants should prepare a dossier to be sent by E-MAIL consisting of:
- Application form duly completed
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- A copy of certificate of proficiency in English
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of motivation
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by local police authority.
- All submitted documents must be in ENGLISH. Documents submitted in any other language will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that documents are duly translated and certified by a competent office; and that each document is saved with a name that identifies what it is.
Applications should be submitted via email to [email protected] from January 15 to February 28, 2021.
For more information, visit FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship.