Deadline: April 30, 2021
Are you taking bold climate action to combat climate change? Applications are open for the UN Global Climate Action Award 2021.
Spearheaded by UN Climate Change’s Momentum for Change initiative, the UN Global Climate Action Awards shine a light on the most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
The 2021 UN Global Climate Action Awards will recognize climate action that is already achieving real and tangible results in three categories:
- Climate Neutral Now: recognizing efforts by individuals, companies and governments that are achieving real results in transitioning to climate neutrality.
- Financing for Climate Friendly Investment: recognizing successful financial innovations for adaptation and climate mitigation.
- Climate Leaders: recognizing transformational efforts by governments at any level (national, provincial, state, city, town) that are moving the needle on climate change.
If your project is selected as a winning activity, you will receive a wide range of benefits:
- Fully covered attendance to the UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow, Scotland, in November 2021;
- Access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference;
- Public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat;
- Public relations support and media training; marketing materials, including promotional videos;
- A dedicated page about your project on their website; and professional photography.
- Organizations, communities, cities, businesses, universities, governments and others that are taking concrete action on climate change can apply to have their projects recognized by the UN Climate Change secretariat as a 2021 winning activity.
Winning activities will be officially recognized and celebrated during an award ceremony and a series of special events at the UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow, Scotland (COP 26) in November 2021.
For more information, visit UN Global Climate Action Award.