Due Date: August 16, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the UN Global Compact Internship Program– Fall 2019 The UN Global Compact uses internship chances in its New york city workplace.
The UN Global Compact pursues 2 complementary goals: making the UN Global Compact and its concepts part of service technique and operations all over; and helping with cooperation amongst essential stakeholders by promoting collaborations and other cumulative action in assistance of UN objectives.
Internships with the UN Global Compact are offered for a period of 3 to 6 months. The timing of internships is versatile. Prospects are motivated to obtain the following sessions:
- Winter Seasons: January to March (3 months, with possibility of a 3-month extension afterwards)
- Spring: April to June (3 months, with possibility of a 3-month extension afterwards)
- Summer Season: July to September (3 months, possibility of 3-month extension afterwards)
- Fall: October to December (3 months, possibility of 3-month extension afterwards)
Depending upon their level of experience and training, UN Global Compact interns will:
- Conduct research study connecting to the subject of business sustainability, particularly on human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption;-LRB- **************).
- Draft and modify publications, documents and other files;-LRB- **************).
- Communicate with International Compact stakeholders on essential business sustainability subjects;-LRB- **************).
- Assistance the company of conferences and occasions;-LRB- **************).
- Assist with outreach activities;-LRB- **************).
- Manage e-mail and other questions;-LRB- **************).
- Carry out administrative jobs as designated.
- Internships at the UN Head office are overdue. Interns should for that reason have the ability to cover their expenses of travel, lodging, along with living costs throughout the internship duration.
- Candidates should be registered in an undergraduate or academic degree program (bachelors or 2nd university degree, or greater) at the time of application and throughout the internship; or
- Under some scenarios, candidates might have finished within less than one year to begin a UN internship.
Those thinking about pursuing an internship with the UN Global Compact should send an online application at the UN Professions site
Scroll to the bottom of the homepage to the “Browse Task Openings” area and choose “Internship” under the Classification field, and “New york city” under the Responsibility Station field. Click the Browse button. This will lead you to a list of different internship openings. You will require to look for the UN Global Compact internship by Task Opening ID Number.
The International Compact Internship Task Opening Numbers are:
- JO 116057: internship with the Communications and Occasions group
- JO 116060: internship with the Outreach and Individual Relations group
- JO 116061: internship with the Programmes group
- JO 116065: internship with the Global Operations group
- JO 118528: internship with the Intergovernmental Relations & Africa group
For more details, go to UN Global Compact