Due Date: September 30, 2019
UN-Habitat welcomes regional and local federal governments to send their investable tasks for factor to consider in the First Cities Financial Investment Platform at the 10 th World Urban Online Forum in Abu Dhabi, UAE. The Cities Financial Investment Platform at WUF10 offers a chance for you to provide your city’s tasks to a space of financiers. This screening will assist us to get insights into tasks, and figure out how finest to arrange this session.
UN-Habitat and its partners will support in the preparation and preparing of task discussions. Speakers will have the chance to share their chosen task by method of design or digital discussion.
The 10 th Session of the World Urban Online Forum (WUF10) will be a special celebration for all stakeholders in sustainable urbanization to come together, sign up with forces and develop brand-new collaborations. The Cities Financial investment Platform, gone for WUF10, intends to combine cities with financiers, foster brand-new collaborations and offer chances to make sustainable urbanization investable. Funding the shipment of the SDGs needs brand-new techniques to forecast advancement and resource mobilisation.
This info will be utilized in 2 methods:
- Chosen tasks will have the chance to be provided in a top-level worldwide setting to personal and industrial financiers.
- The interactive session throughout WUF10 will offer a platform for city management to provide particular tasks to a core group of specialists, consisting of personal and industrial financiers in addition to worldwide advancement banks and banks. These specialists will react with feedback, and offer recommendations and input on taking the tasks forward towards investability.
- In addition, all appropriate tasks sent will have the opportunity to be consisted of in an online database of tasks, which will offer a digital platform by which financiers can be linked to cities. The interactive database will continue beyond WUF10, and will support UN-Habitat’s continuous activities with the Capital Advisory Platform.
Taking part cities will:
- Have the chance to improve and turn existing tasks into bankable financial investments
- Gain experience in pitching to the worldwide financial investment neighborhood
- Engage at a high level with worldwide organisations
- Gain direct exposure to numerous advancement neighborhoods
- Get feedback on their instructions from specialists, professionals consisting of organisation and financiers
- This open call is targeted at regional and local federal governments.
- Taking part cities are welcomed to send one task for factor to consider in this call.
- This open call is for numerous local government departments consisting of: preparation, financing and public works and city manager/mayor.
- Jobs ought to have currently gone through initial scoping, supported by a strong organisation case/plan and some expediency research studies
- Clear connection to an existing/approved masterplan/urban advancement prepare for the city
- Anticipated financial investment requirement of a minimum of $20 million
- Choice offered to tasks based in cities in low or middle-income nations
- Top priority will be offered to tasks that provide proof of assistance from numerous levels of federal government and/or some dedicated public financing
- The task can be in any sustainable metropolitan advancement sector consisting of, however not restricted to: Budget-friendly real estate, Urban infill & public area, Transportation & movement, Roadways & bridges, Shanty town updating, Waste management, Water & sanitation and Energy
Preliminary online task submission will be made through the link listed below and all applications need to be gotten by no behind 1800 GMT on September 30,2019 UN-Habitat and partner choice committee will examine quotes to figure out the most suitable for addition throughout the interactive session. A longlist of thirty (30) tasks will be chosen, and instructions and assistance will be offered cities in assisting them get ready for the pitch.
Turn your existing city tasks into bankable financial investments by sending them listed below.
To learn more, see UN-Habitat