Deadline: March 31, 2021
Applications are open for the UN-Habitat/LaCoMoFa Youth Photography Competition 2021. UN-Habitat and the Laboratory of Architecture and Environmental Design (LaCoMoFa) of Biskra University invite young photographers and students from all over the world to submit images documenting their communities’ contributions to improving the quality of life in cities and highlighting the connections between urban and rural areas and the links between cities and their regions.
They invite photographers across the globe to engage creatively with the topic “valuing our communities, cities and regions” and to submit their photographs. Based on the World Cities Day 2020 Key Messages on Valuing our Communities and Cities, the photo competition has five thematic categories open for photos submissions:
- Communities contribution to the city and region social-cultural values.
- Communities contribution to the city and region economic values.
- Communities contribution to the city and region environmental values.
- Communities contribution to the city and region innovative values.
- Communities’ actions in cities and regions.
- Top five winners (one per thematic) will receive an award certificate from the organizer partners.
- Winning and selected photos will be presented in an online public exhibition on both UN-Habitat and LaCoMoFA social media and digital platforms (UN-Habitat Urban Policy Platform).
- Winning and selected photos will be featured in upcoming publications of UN-Habitat and LaCoMoFa. Photo authors will receive full acknowledgement in the publication.
- Participants must be between 18-35 to qualify as a participant.
- Participants from all over the world are encouraged.
- Participants are allowed five entries (maximum five photos are expected per submission, therefore up to 5 photos if submitting five entries).
Photo entries should be judged based on composition, technical excellence, originality, responsiveness to the theme, and overall impact.
- Images should be submitted in JPEG or TIFF in high resolution (900 px wide, 72 dpi).
- All submitted images will be displayed on UN-Habitat Policy, Legislation and Governance Section social media and LaCoMoFa social media for public voting (April, 2021).
- Five images will be selected as the overall winning piece (one image per thematic category).
- Winners will be selected based on public voting results and by a joint jury composed by members of the Dept of Architecture LaCoMoFa/Biskra University and UN-Habitat.
- Send a high-resolution photo(s) and the story behind it to [email protected] and cc [email protected] together with your full name and contact information. Use the email subject line “Valuing our communities photo competition”.
- You can also submit your photos by filling out this Photo Contest Entry Form.
For more information, visit Youth Photography Competition.