Application Deadline: 2 November 2020, 05:00 PM, East Africa Time
N-Habitat’s Global Public Space Programme is launching a call for proposals (CFP) to seek partnership in the implementation of innovative public space projects in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Colombia, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, Mongolia, Nepal, Palestine, Peru, Senegal, South Africa, Syria, Tanzania and Vietnam. National and local authorities as well as non-profit organisations are invited to submit proposals which aim to achieve the following expected result:
- Influence cities to recognize the importance of localized city-wide public space network and policies and to maximize public space areas at a city level.
- Effective creation, protection, design, and management of public spaces, particularly in disadvantaged communities in rapidly urbanizing cities and towns, as critical preconditions for poverty reduction and the fulfilment of human rights in urban areas.
- Re-build confidence about being out in urban and public spaces following the COVID-19 pandemic.
Proposal must demonstrate that they contribute to the following outcome:
- Improved local policies, plans and designs for safe, inclusive, and accessible public spaces for all which supports more compact, better integrated and well connected, socially inclusive and resilient cities and neighbourhoods in partner cities.
Instructions to applicants
- Proposals received after the above deadline will not be considered.
- Proposals and accompanying documents submitted to a different email address will not be considered. Any clarification queries and correspondences should also be sent by email.
- Proposals failing to provide the requested information will be disregarded.
- Applicant’s proposal and accompanying documents must clearly indicate the CFP reference:
- All prices must be in USD
- Proposal language is English language. We also accept submissions in French and Spanish language.
- Email correspondence:
Project Key Information
- UN-Habitat project title: Public space implementation projects | City-wide programme and COVID-19 recovery
- Country/territory: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Colombia, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, Mongolia, Nepal, Palestine, Peru, Senegal, South Africa, Syria, Tanzania, and Vietnam.
- Anticipated start date: 1 March 2021
- Estimated duration of project in calendar months: 14 months
- Maximum proposed value in US$: $80,000 (Eighty Thousand)
- Lead Organization Unit: Planning, Finance and Economy section, Global Public Space Programme
Download key documents
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the UN-Habitat’s Global Public Space Programme 2020