Due Date: April 30, 2019
Applications are open for the UN OHCHR Fellowship Program for Individuals of African Descent 2019 The Fellowship program is a three-week extensive discovering chance for individuals of African descent from the diaspora, who are participated in promoting the rights of individuals of African descent.
The objective of the Fellowship is to reinforce individuals’ abilities to add to the defense and promo of civil, political, financial, social and cultural rights of individuals of African descent in their particular nations. The individuals are geared up with the tools needed to boost the advancement of legislation, policies and programs; to reinforce cooperation of civil society with federal governments; and to carry out regional awareness-raising activities. In 2019, the Fellowship will be held from November 25 to December 13, 2019 in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Each fellow is entitled to a return ticket (economy class) from the nation of home to Geneva; standard medical insurance; and a stipend to cover modest lodging and other living costs throughout of the Program.
- The prospect need to be a person of African descent living in the Diaspora.
- The prospect need to have a minimum of 4 years of work experience associated to the rights of Individuals of African Descent.
- The program is multilingual in English and French. The prospect requires to have enough command of among the 2 languages to be able to take part completely in the program.
- The prospect needs to send a letter from a company dealing with concerns connected to Individuals of African Descent or minority rights licensing their status.
- The prospects need to be readily available to go to the complete period of the program. The chosen fellows will be anticipated to take part in various activities and to strictly follow the program.
The choice of the fellows will show gender and local balance. The human rights circumstance of Individuals of African Descent in the particular nations will likewise be thought about.
Candidates are asked for to send the following files in one single email to [email protected]:
- A RÃ©sumÃ©
- A finished, signed and scanned Application in one single file.
- An Individual Declaration (optimum 500 words) in which the prospect will discuss his/her inspiration for using, and how he/she will utilize the understanding acquired from the fellowship to promote the interests and rights of individuals of African descent.
- An Authorities Letter from the nominating company or neighborhood licensing the status
- A copy of the candidate’s passport.
- Please keep in mind that submissions with more than 5 accessories will not be accepted.
Important: Please discuss in the subject header of your email: ” Application for the YEAR Fellowship Program for Individuals of African Descent.”
Call the connected file as follows:
SURNAME Given Name– Kind of file
Example: SMITH Jacqueline– Application form.doc
SMITH Jacqueline– A Personal Statement.doc
SMITH Jacqueline– Letter licensing Status.pdf
SMITH Jacqueline– Passport.pdf
For additional information, go to UN OHCHR Fellowship