Due Date: February 25, 2019
Applications for the UN Sustainable Advancement Solutions Network (SDSN) Internship 2019 are now open. The Intern will operate in the SDG Index group accountable for producing the flagship report “SDG Index and Dashboards” under the guidance of the task supervisor.
His/her primary jobs will be to support the production of the next SDG Index and Dashboards report to be released in July 2019 and to support the production of other SDG indices for Africa, Europe, and Latin America. The intern will add to numerous tasks associated with the application of the SDGs and sustainable usage and production practices.
The Sustainable Advancement Solutions Network (SDSN) has actually been running because 2012 under the auspices of the Secretary-General of the United Nations to support the application of the Sustainable Advancement Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Arrangement on Environment Modification. It is directed by Teacher Jeffrey D. Sachs, SDG Supporter, and has workplaces in New york city, Paris, and New Delhi.
Interns duties consist of:
- Offer assistance for the launch of the 2019 SDG Index and Dashboards and other SDG indices for Africa, Europe and Latin America.
- Add to the production of tables and charts
- Aid incorporate remarks from stakeholders’ assessments
- Aid preparing methodological areas and carry out level of sensitivity tests
- Assist in examining draft areas sent by the production business.
- Add to producing interaction products (infographics, nation reality sheets, other) and support the dissemination of the outcomes.
- Communicate with appropriate stakeholders when required
- Perform research study and analytical analyses for numerous tasks associated with the application of the SDGs and sustainable usage and production practices.
- Under the guidance of the task supervisor and in cooperation with the Yale Center for Environmental Law & Policy accountable for the Environmental Efficiency Index, offer assistance in settling the brand-new Environmental Effect Index
- Perform research study and communicate with specialists in the field to determine brand-new information sources
- Conduct research study and analysis for tasks associated with great governance for the SDGs and in specific great governance of land-use systems
- The internship will be compensated at the basic minimum per hour rate, plus 50% of transport expenses.
- Prospects ought to be pursuing a postgraduate degree in economics, stats, worldwide relations, ecological research studies, government, or any other associated fields;-LRB- ***************).
- S/he should be registered in a licensed degree program (or have the ability to get a Convention de phase from their university), and deserve to hold an internship in France;-LRB- ***************).
- Experience dealing with information and in stats would be a plus;-LRB- ***************).
- Experience in the subject of environment and sustainable usage would be a plus;-LRB- ***************).
- This position needs fluency in English. Fluency in a minimum of another language would be a plus;-LRB- ***************).
Other abilities needed
- Excellent understanding of economics and stats
- Understanding of Excel and other analytical tools for information managing
- Understanding of computer system software application for the style of charts
- Attention to information
- Capability to operate in a group environment
- Excellent interaction abilities, diplomacy with nation participants
To use, please send out a cover letter and a CV to Guillaume Lafortune at [email protected]
For additional information, check out SDSN Internship