Due Date: February 23, 2019
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) welcomes applications for the 2019 Young Peacebuilders in Middle East and North Africa program. The program supports the development of networks of young peacebuilders who are geared up with the tools to deal with unfavorable stereotypes, bias and polarization in order to develop more inclusive and serene societies, taking on the chauffeurs of violent extremism.
This is a call to youth from MENA wishing to take on violent extremism by developing inclusive societies with understanding and regard amongst cultural and spiritual neighborhoods.
- Are you in between 18 and 25 years of ages? *
- Are you a resident of a MENA nation and do you presently reside in this area?
- Are you thinking about participating in an intercultural knowing experience with other youths from MENA and enhance your actions to promote peace?
- Are you part of a youth-led company, network or effort?
- Do you wish to increase your capability to add to peace and social addition in your neighborhood, nation and area?
- Are you in the starting phases of your participation in this kind of work and wish to discover more?
If yes, use now for an opportunity to be chosen for a totally moneyed involvement to the UNAOC Young Peacebuilders in MENA 2019 program.
Throughout the program, 20 chosen individuals will:
- Discover unfavorable stereotypes and how to seriously examine them to lower their occurrence;-LRB- **************).
- Understand various viewpoints in identity-based dispute and gain tools to establish options at regional, nationwide and local levels and change disputes quietly;-LRB- **************).
- Determine push and pull elements producing conditions favorable to violent extremism;-LRB- **************).
- Establish skills to utilize various kinds of media or meaningful arts as a method to produce alternative stories, lower polarization and promote social addition;-LRB- **************).
- Discover how to effectively create and run your task.
They will communicate online through a series of assisted in modules, and in-person, throughout a one-week workshop. After finishing the peace education curriculum, individuals will function as a force multiplier of the lessons discovered through the program and actively participate in follow-up activities at the neighborhood level. At the end of the task, individuals are welcomed for a seminar to share their experience, lessons discovered, accomplishments and suggestions with a more comprehensive audience of professionals, UN, policy makers, media and civil society, bringing exposure to their efforts towards promo of variety and discussion.
- Part 1: online stage (2 months). Individuals access the course through an online collective platform offered by UNAOC. UNAOC and other fitness instructors help with the very first couple of modules of the curriculum, providing a chance to individuals to be familiar with each other previous to their very first in-person conference. They likewise begin getting exposed to tools and ideas, participate in conversation and begin reviewing their peace actions. Time dedication: 2 to 3 hours weekly to finish the modules (some work can be finished offline).
- Part 2: in person workshop (9 days). All individuals take a trip to finish the training and experience how peacebuilding is effectively carried out through 1 or 2 regional field sees. They likewise deal with the advancement of their own action strategy. Time dedication: one week (6 working days + 3 days for travel, arrival and departure activities).
- Part 3: used knowing (3/4 months). Application of an individual peace effort: individuals are assisted by UNAOC’s expert fitness instructors and remain gotten in touch with other individuals through the online platform, while reporting on the execution of their tasks.
- Part 4: outcomes sharing seminar (4 days). Individuals are welcomed to take part in a seminar throughout which they share their experience, lessons discovered, accomplishments and suggestions with a more comprehensive audience of professionals, policy makers, media and the public. They likewise engage with this audience on subjects connected to intercultural discussion, peace and security. Time dedication: 4 days (2 day seminar + 2 days for travel, arrival and departure activities).
All chosen youth individuals will be offered with:
- Round-trip travel (global or domestic flight, economy class) to the city of the in person workshop along with to the city of the seminar;-LRB- **************).
- Shared lodging (double-rooms), with an individual from the very same gender, in the city of the workshop and the city of the seminar;-LRB- **************).
- Meals and coffee breaks throughout the main period of the workshop and the seminar;-LRB- **************).
- Shuttle bus or compensation of transport to/from the airport and hotel in the city of the in person workshop and city of the seminar.
All requirements should be satisfied in order to be thought about qualified):
- Age: Be 18-25 years of age for the overall period of the task (May 21, 2019– December 15, 2019). To be thought about qualified, candidates should be born upon or in between December 16, 1993 and May 21, 2001.
- Area: Be a resident of among the following MENA area nations: Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Israel, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, State of Palestine, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
- Company: Be active (personnel, volunteer, and so on) in a non-government and non-for-profit youth-led company, network, effort or motion (led by youth for the advantage of youth) and have the capability to speak with and reach a broader group of youths, audience or network, consisting of at the grassroots and neighborhood level.
- Dedication: show dedication to variety and pluralism, nonviolence, serene and inclusive societies. The companies and networks represented need to: Comply with the Universal Statement of Human Being Rights and the concepts and worths of the Charter of the United Nations; have internal democratic and transparent procedures of management, decision-making and assessment; be independent, unaffiliated with any political celebration.
- Language: Command of English suffices to participate in the online stage and in-person workshop. The candidate comprehends English extremely well; has intermediate to proficient levels of English, which permit her/him to take part to the discussion and input.
- Previous experience: the candidate has actually never ever participated in a program of UNAOC (Summertime School, Youth Uniformity Fund, Intercultural Development Award, Plural+, PeaceApp, Youth Occasion at the UNAOC Global Online Forum, Fellowship Program)
- Passport: In order to be accepted in this program, chosen candidates should hold a worldwide passport legitimate till a minimum of June 25,2020 Failure to offer a copy in due time will lead to cancellation of involvement.
- The application is appropriately finished, sent by the due date and includes all supporting documents, asked for as part of the call. Half-complete applications or applications filled out other languages than English will not be evaluated and thought about.
- Inspiration and contribution to the program: the candidate shows that she/he is extremely inspired to finish all parts of the program.
- Interest in styles: the candidate reveals some experience in concerns connected to intercultural discussion, peacebuilding and avoiding violent extremism through examples of efforts he/she belongs to or is showing a fantastic interest to get associated with this set of concerns.
- Experience and capacity: The candidate is at the starting phases of his/her participation or profession in the field of peacebuilding and has particular objectives to enhance his/her abilities and to make contribution to peace.
- Outreach: The candidate and his/her company have the capability and inspiration to take in and distribute the lessons discovered back to their neighborhood, company and to a broader network or audience.
- Future effect and follow up: the candidate revealed his/her strong dedication to carry out individual peace efforts in their neighborhood throughout the execution stage and beyond
In order to be thought about total and legitimate, application bundle should consist of the following and be sent through the online application system:
- An application, finished and accredited by the candidate;-LRB- **************).
- A copy of the recognition page of your global passport.
Word/character limitation for each concern in the application requires to be appreciated. The application system instantly counts words and characters.
To find out more, go to UNAOC