Application Due Date: 30 September 2019
Directed by the concept that youth are crucial stars to accomplish peace and avoid violent extremism, UNAOC establishes academic programs to boost the capability of youths and their companies to cultivate shared regard, understanding and long-lasting favorable relationships in between individuals of various cultures and religious beliefs.
The Young Peacebuilders is a peace education.
effort that is developed to support youths in getting abilities.
that can boost their favorable function in problems of peace and security and.
in avoiding violent dispute. It likewise brings presence to the.
efforts, actions and jobs started by youths towards.
peace and the promo of variety and discussion. As such, it reacts.
to current global policy suggestions described in the United.
Nations Security Council Resolutions 2250 and 2419 on Youth, Peace and.
Security and the Secretary-General’s Strategy on Fighting.
UNAOC means to execute this program in various areas of the world to grow and reinforce the worldwide motion of young peacebuilders. Through this action, UNAOC is devoting to support youths’s involvement in peacebuilding with a growing union of partners.
The program is meant for girls and boys who are.
beginning their participation in the field of peacebuilding and.
Candidates need to be active (personnel, volunteer, and so on) in a non-government and non-for-profit youth-led company, network, effort or motion (led by youth for the advantage of youth) and have the capability to talk to and reach a broader group of youths, audience or network, consisting of at the grassroots and neighborhood level.
Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Israel, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, State of Palestine, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yem en
Expenses covered by the organizers
All picked youth individuals will be offered with:
- Round-trip travel (global or domestic flight, economy class).
to the city of the in person workshop along with to the city of the.
- Shared lodging (double-rooms), with an individual from the.
very same gender, in the city of the workshop and the city of the seminar;-LRB- ********************).
- Meals and coffee breaks throughout the main period of the workshop and the seminar;-LRB- ********************).
- Shuttle bus or compensation of transport to/from the airport and.
hotel in the city of the in person workshop and city of the.
- Learn more about unfavorable stereotypes and how to seriously evaluate them to lower their frequency;
- Understand various point of views in identity-based dispute and gain tools to establish services at regional, nationwide and local level and change disputes quietly;
- Recognize push and pull aspects producing conditions favorable to violent extremism;
- Establish skills to utilize various kinds of media or meaningful arts as a method to produce alternative stories, lower polarization and promote social addition;
- Find out how to effectively develop and run your job.
This is a call to youth aged 18-25 from MENA wishing to take on.
violent extremism by constructing inclusive societies with understanding and.
regard amongst cultural and spiritual neighborhoods
- Are you in between 18 and 25 years of ages? *
- Are you a person of a MENA nation and do you presently reside in this area?
- Are you thinking about participating in an intercultural knowing.
experience with other youths from MENA and enhance your actions to.
- Are you part of a youth-led company, network or effort?
- Do you wish to increase your capability to add to peace and social addition in your neighborhood, nation and area?
- Are you in the starting phases of your participation in this kind of work and wish to discover more?
- Part 1: online stage. Individuals access the course through an online collective platform. UNAOC and other fitness instructors assist in the very first couple of modules of the curriculum, providing a chance to individuals to learn more about each other previous to their very first in-person conference. They likewise begin getting exposed to tools and principles, take part in conversation and begin reviewing their peace actions.
- Part 2: in person workshop. All individuals take a trip to finish the training and experience how peacebuilding is effectively executed through regional field sees.
- Part 3: used knowing. Execution of an individual peace effort: individuals are directed by UNAOC’s expert fitness instructors and remain gotten in touch with other individuals through the online platform, while reporting on the execution of their jobs.
- Part 4: outcomes sharing seminar. Individuals are welcomed to take part in a seminar throughout which they share their experience, lessons found out, accomplishments and suggestions with a more comprehensive audience of professionals, policy makers, media and the public.
- September 2019: require applications;-LRB- ********************).
- By November 15, 2019: picked individuals are alerted;-LRB- ********************).
- December 2019– February 2020: picked individuals participate in initial online modules (part 1);-LRB- ********************).
- March 2020: individuals take a trip to participate in the in person workshop at a place to be identified (part 2);-LRB- ********************).
- March-June 2020: individuals devote to perform peace activities in the three/four months following the workshop (part 3)
- June-July 2020: Results-sharing seminar at a place to be identified (part 4).
For More Details: