Deadline: September 30, 2019
Purposes are open for the 4th version of the UNAOC Younger Peacebuilders Programme specializing in the MENA area. Guided by the precept that youth are key actors to attain peace and forestall violent extremism, UNAOC develops instructional programming to reinforce the power of younger folks and their organizations to foster mutual respect, understanding and long-term constructive relationships between peoples of various cultures and religions.
The Younger Peacebuilders is a peace schooling initiative that’s designed to help younger folks in gaining expertise that may improve their constructive function in problems with peace and safety and in stopping violent battle. It additionally brings visibility to the initiatives, actions and tasks initiated by younger folks in the direction of peace and the promotion of range and dialogue. As such, it responds to current worldwide coverage suggestions outlined within the United Nations Safety Council Resolutions 2250 and 2419 on Youth, Peace and Safety and the Secretary-Common’s Plan of Motion on Stopping Violent Extremism.
UNAOC intends to implement this programme in numerous areas of the world to develop and strengthen the worldwide motion of younger peacebuilders. Via this motion, UNAOC is committing to help younger folks’s participation in peacebuilding with a rising coalition of companions.
- Half 1: On-line section. Contributors entry the course by means of an internet collaborative platform. UNAOC and different trainers facilitate the primary few modules of the curriculum, giving a chance to individuals to get to know one another previous to their first in-person assembly. In addition they begin getting uncovered to instruments and ideas, interact in dialogue and begin reflecting on their peace actions.
- Half 2: Face-to-face workshop. All individuals journey to finish the coaching and expertise how peacebuilding is efficiently carried out by means of native subject visits.
- Half 3: Utilized studying. Implementation of a private peace initiative: individuals are guided by UNAOC’s skilled trainers and keep related with different individuals by means of the web platform, whereas reporting on the implementation of their tasks.
- Half 4: Outcomes sharing symposium. Contributors are invited to take part in a symposium throughout which they share their expertise, classes discovered, achievements and suggestions with a broader viewers of practitioners, coverage makers, media and most of the people.
It is a name to youth aged 18-25 from MENA eager to sort out violent extremism by constructing inclusive societies with understanding and respect amongst cultural and spiritual communities
- Are you between 18 and 25 years previous?
- Are you a citizen of a MENA nation and do you presently dwell on this area?
- Are you curious about collaborating in an intercultural studying expertise with different younger folks from MENA and enhance your actions to advertise peace?
- Are you a part of a youth-led group, community or initiative?
- Do you need to improve your capacity to contribute to peace and social inclusion in your neighborhood, nation and area?
- Are you to start with levels of your involvement in one of these work and need to be taught extra?
If sure, apply now for an opportunity to be chosen for a totally funded participation to the 4th version of the UNAOC Younger Peacebuilders programme within the MENA area.
For extra info, go to UNAOC Younger Peacebuilders.