Due Date: September 29, 2019
Applications are open for the UNESCO Global Education Tracking (GEM) Report Fellowship Program 2019 The GEM Report Fellowship program, supported by Open Society Foundations, intends to reinforce the proof base upon education, especially in emerging economies, develop research study capability in education, and enhance the links in between research study, policy, and practice in education.
As such, the fellowships will be open to extraordinary people who have quantitative research study abilities, show a capacity for transformational effect in their domain, and share a dedication to supply more individuals with much better instructional chances.
The GEM Report Fellowship program will support scholastic scientists and research-oriented policy makers to perform research studies in the location of worldwide and relative education with an unique concentrate on:
- Making Use Of the GEM Report’s information resources, especially those home and school studies connected to the World Inequality in Education database, to reinforce analyses of international, local and nationwide education patterns on problems of gain access to, equity, addition and quality;-LRB- ***************).
- Enhancing the material of the GEM Report with regard to its protection of crucial problems at the local and nationwide level, through evidence-based analyses of instructional policy and practice;-LRB- ***************).
- Assisting advance the SDG 4 tracking program, specifically on problems connected to the international and thematic sign structure that have actually been highlighted in previous reports;-LRB- ***************).
- Supporting the styles of upcoming GEM reports, i.e. inclusive education in 2020 (consisting of an unique concentrate on (i) impairment (ii) Latin America) and the function of non-state stars in education in 2021.
Each fellowship will last in between 6 months to one year, depending upon the work to be performed, with one month invested in Paris. The GEM Report group will supply:
- A stipend (approximately US$25,000) throughout of the fellowship (approximately one year) and complete travel expenses for a minimum of one month to be invested in Paris for each of the fellows;-LRB- ***************).
- A coach from the group of GEM Report scientists. The GEM Report personnel will assign 3-5 hours weekly to coach and guide the fellows when they are in house in Paris, and 2 hours weekly while they are based in their house nation;-LRB- ***************).
- A desk and computer system throughout their remain at the GEM Report group workplace, in the UNESCO Head Office in Paris.
- Open to all citizenships, nevertheless the choice committee will look positively at applications from people from low and middle earnings nations
- People who have experience with quantitative research study approaches, consisting of in making use of massive studies, and a strong policy orientation, looking for to utilize research study findings to notify policy makers and other education stakeholders are qualified to use
- Applications are motivated from a range of disciplines, consisting of, however not restricted to, education, sociology, economics, government, psychology, demography, stats, and psychometrics
- Applicants might be operating at research study organizations, universities, federal government firms or expert organisations
- A Ph.D. and a record of publications in peer-reviewed journals will be a benefit
- A dedication from the candidate to engage with varied audiences will likewise be thought about favorably
- Choice will be provided to propositions with a clear relative aspect.
An effective proposition will
- Discuss the policy locations of interest, define the policy concerns to be dealt with, and show how the research study will promote gain access to, equity, addition and quality in education systems
- Program why GEM Report resources and research study locations (thematic or geographical) are especially well fit to resolve those concerns
- Demonstrate how the research study connects to keeping an eye on problems highlighted in previous GEM reports or thematic problems of future GEM reports
Applicants will require to supply the following info:
- CV in UNESCO format
- One page with quick task title, abstract (150 words), period, spending plan
- Job proposition (optimum 5 pages/ 2500 words) with the following info:.
- research study concern/ objective of the task
- significance to the GEM Report
- proposed information and approach
- timeline and resources
To use email the files above to [email protected](please note that just submissions with a total task proposition will be thought about).
For more details, go to GEM Report Fellowship