Due Date: April 30, 2019
Elections are open for the UNESCO-Greece Melina Mercouri International Reward for the Safeguarding and Management of Cultural Landscapes 2019 The Reward was produced in 1995 to reward impressive examples of action to protect and boost the world’s cultural landscapes, a classification of World Heritage.
The Reward, kindly supported by the Greek Federal government, bears the name of Melina Mercouri, previous Minister of Culture of Greece and a strong supporter of incorporated preservation. The reward has actually been granted 6 times in between 1995 and2011 The next Reward will be granted in Fall 2019, in connection with the 40 th Session of the UNESCO General Conference.
- The United States $30,000 Reward is granted every 2 years to one laureate.
- Open to People, website supervisors, organizations, other entities, neighborhoods or non-governmental companies (NGOs) that have actually made a substantial contribution to the securing, management and improvement of the world’s significant cultural landscapes;-LRB- **************).
- Elections might be sent by.
- Governmental companies from UNESCO Member States, in assessment with their Nationwide Commissions for UNESCO;-LRB- **************).
- NGOs that have main collaborations with UNESCO; and
- International, local and nationwide expert, scholastic and non-governmental companies active in the field of cultural landscapes.
Send an election kind online in English or French, by 30 April 2019( midnight Paris time)
For more details, see UNESCO-Greece Melina Mercouri International Reward