Due Date: November 29, 2019
Applications are open for the UNESCO/Keizo Obuchi Research Study Fellowships Program 2019 The Fellowships objective to support ingenious and creative postgraduate research study in 4 locations of advancement of specific interest to UNESCO.
UNESCO created the task “UNESCO/Keizo Obuchi Research Study Fellowships Program” (UNESCO/Japan Young Scientist’ Fellowship Program) in the structure of the Japanese Funds-in-Trust for the Capacity-Building of Human Being Resources which was developed in November 2000 by the Federal Government of Japan to make it possible for UNESCO to provide incentive to research study in 4 locations under UNESCO’s Concern Program Locations.
The Federal government of Japan deals 10 fellowships, to be granted to deserving prospects from establishing nations, unique attention will be provided to those who might want pursue their research study studies in Japan, to ladies, prospects from LDCs, Africa and SIDS nations who aspire to carry out research study on several of the subjects noted below.
The UNESCO/Keizo Obuchi Research Study Fellowships Program (UNESCO/Japan Young Scientist’ Fellowship Program) moneyed under the Japanese Funds-in-Trust for the capacity-building of Human being Resources will intend, in specific, to influence on capacity-building and research study activities in the following locations:
- Environment (with specific focus on catastrophe danger decrease (DRR);-LRB- ***************).
- Intercultural Discussion
- Info and Interaction Technologies
- Serene Disputes Resolution
The Fellowships funded by Japan and administered by UNESCO will include the following:
- A Swelling amount contribution of US$10,000 will be granted to picked prospects. The quantity, to be paid in 2 or 3 instalments, is planned to cover research study expenses just, and will not be flexible.
- No other expenses will be thought about and grants will be neither extended nor restored.
- Prospects under this Program need to be post-graduate scientists, currently holding either an M.A. or M.Sc. degree (or comparable) and wanting to pursue research study work abroad (ideally in their own area) with a view to boosting understanding in among the 4 particular fields. Hence, those who remain in the procedure of finishing their Master’s degree need to have finished it prior to using up their Fellowship;-LRB- ***************).
- Prospects need to be individuals of high intellectual pledge who might be anticipated to make considerable contributions to their nation on return;-LRB- ***************).
- Prospects need to disappear than 40 years of age. Hence, candidates born prior to 1 January 1978 will not be thought about under the Program;-LRB- ***************).
- The picked Fellow should perform the research study under the auspices of a scholastic manager in a host organization. Verification of approval from the scholastic manager is essential;-LRB- ***************).
- Concern attention will be provided to:.
- Ladies candidatures
- Prospects from least industrialized nations (LDCs) and SIDS
- African scientists
- Those who might want pursue their research study studies in Japan
- Prospects need to excel in reading and composing the language of direction in the suggested nation of study/research
The application need to consist of the following accessories:
- The UNESCO Fellowship application appropriately finished in replicate. 2 current pictures (required) must be consisted of with the type.
- Qualified copies of degrees or diplomas (consisting of records of grades) in replicate. Evidence of having actually acquired a Master’s Degree need to be consisted of.
- A recommendation letter from somebody acquainted with the prospect’s work.
- A host institute’s letter of approval (i.e. the institute that has actually accepted the prospect for work must she/he be picked for a Fellowship). This letter of approval need to show that the host institute validates its desire to supply the pertinent research study centers needed by the prospect in the picked field of expertise.
All applications need to be sent with the needed paperwork on the UNESCO Fellowship Application. Each Member State might choose an optimum of 2 (2) prospects. It is the National Commission’s obligation to pick the 2 prospects whose applications it wants to send to UNESCO.
The application( s) must reach the Area of Involvement Program and Fellowships, UNESCO, 7, Location de Fontenoy 75352 Paris 07 SP prior to November 29, 2019 midnight and an advance copy might be sent out by email: [email protected] and [email protected]
To learn more, see UNESCO/Japan Young Scientist