Due Date: March 24, 2019
The Fantasy Africa’s Futures task is introducing a require expressions of interest for regional champs in Africa. Regional champs are anticipated to be crucial constituents of UNESCO and its partners’ effort to carry out research study in Futures Literacy by co-designing and co-running Futures Literacy Laboratories in their regional neighborhoods. Regional champs can be a group of driven people or organisations.
UNESCO is moving on with its partners to comprehend why and how individuals ‘utilize the future’. Through the collective and interdisciplinary Fantasy Africa’s Futures (IAF) task, UNESCO and the OCP Structure are signing up with forces to alter the method the future is developed and utilized in Africa. IAF carries out clinical research study into why and how individuals ‘use-the-future’ by carrying out model screening of Futures Literacy Laboratories (FLL) in Africa. Its objective: to show that by altering the method we approach the future, we can much better comprehend our present worries and hopes.
IAF is an unusual and advanced research study task that is carrying out the ‘prototyping stage’ of the ‘development cycle’ where the model being evaluated is a particular sort of Futures Literacy Lab, the Futures Literacy Lab– Novelty.
FLLs will be created to welcome, value and advance the insight capabilities of a varied variety of regional stars– from decision-makers in federal government and service to regional neighborhood activists promoting youth and gender programs. FLLs will produce brand-new and ingenious techniques, policies and networks to be used for Africa, by Africans.
What do FLL expose?
Futures Literacy Laboratories (FLL) are presently in the prototyping stage of the development cycle. The objective of this stage is to check generalizable procedural objectives, guidelines and approaches that will in the majority of scenarios guarantee that FLL attain the following goals:
- revealing individuals’s anticipatory presumptions,
- improving their capability to utilize the future for various factors and in various methods various contexts (this is what it suggests to get the ability that is called Futures Literacy),
- allowing them to ask brand-new concerns,
- permitting a much better understanding of what is FL and how to design/conduct FLL, and
- expose Novelty instead of Forecasts: the shift Futures Literacy recommends is from Anticipation-for-Future to Anticipation-for-Emergence.
Regional champs serve as the co-designers and organizers of FLLs and are for that reason crucial constituents of the research study procedure.
UNESCO is welcoming expressions of interest from organizations (believe tanks, universities, research study centres, NGOs, personal entities, federal government entities) that want to develop and co-create an ingenious procedure of reflection about futures and fulfill the following requirements:
- consistency with UNESCO’s goals, especially with the application of the Sustainable Advancement Objectives;-LRB- ****************).
- accessibility of the essential human and material resources to assist in the work needed within the Lab; and,
- accessibility of and capability to set in motion neighborhoods of interest and pertinent networks for the Lab.
All applications should be sent utilizing the affixed kind, with files supporting the technical and monetary propositions and the CVs of individuals associated with the application of the Lab (consisting of publications and scholastic titles) annexed to the application.
Submissions ought to be made to Mr Abdoulaye Ibrahim and Mr Riel Miller in the following way
- By post: UNESCO, Africa Department, 7 Location de Fontenoy, 75007 Paris, France
- By email: [email protected] and [email protected]
For additional information, go to Futures Literacy Lab