Due Date: June 7, 2019
Entries are welcomed for the UNESCO-UNEVOC Abilities in Action Picture Competitors2019. Do you have photography abilities? Whether you are an amateur or expert, do not miss your possibility to get in the UNESCO-UNEVOC #SkillsinAction Picture Competitors! This competitors is arranged as part of the UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre’s activities to mark World Youth Abilities Day 2019.
The orientation of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) towards the world of work and the acquisition of employability abilities implies that it is well put to deal with worldwide concerns and promote sustainable advancement. Whether gotten at school or in the office, every day individuals around the world are utilizing their TVET abilities to make the world a much better location.
The objectives of the award are to:
- Raise awareness on the advantages of TVET
- Promote TVET as a method to take on worldwide obstacles such as hardship, youth joblessness and inequality
- Reward youths’s efforts to promote sustainable advancement in their neighborhoods by getting abilities and putting them into practice
- Enable UNESCO-UNEVOC to establish a Picture Library that can be utilized to promote TVET through different interaction and publication tasks.
The winners of the #SkillsInAction Picture Competitors will get the following rewards:
- first reward– 500 USD
- second reward– 300 USD
- 3rd reward– 150 USD
Winning pictures and finalists will get a certificate and their entries will be included on the UNESCO-UNEVOC site and its social networks platforms in event of #WYSD (World Youth Abilities Day).
Winners will be sent out info about how to declare their rewards.
You are welcome to take part as long as:
- you are at least 18 years of ages.
- you are the owner or copyright holder of the image entry/entries.
The pictures ought to highlight the chances that Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) offers youths in between the ages of 15– 29
They desire you to record intriguing minutes when abilities are in action, demonstrating how TVET and abilities advancement can add to among the following:
- Motivating youth work and entrepreneurship — pictures of youth showing their abilities on the task.
- Promoting TVET for all — pictures highlighting access to TVET for everybody, despite gender, ethnic background, or impairment.
- TVET for green societies — pictures demonstrating how proficient youths can use their understanding and proficiency to develop more sustainable practices on the planet of work.
- Promoting Info and Interaction Technologies (ICTs) and digital abilities — pictures demonstrating how ICTs and digital abilities can enhance extensive gain access to of youths to TVET and prepare them for the tasks of the future.
The pictures ought to concentrate on youths who are participated in activities that are making it possible for the accomplishment of any of the above concerns.
- All pictures ought to be sent with a title, a quick paragraph( not more than 100 words) discussing the context of the image and showing where and when it was taken, and a brief bio presenting yourself.
- All pictures ought to be sent in jpeg format The longer side ought to be at least 3,000 pixels. The entrants are enabled to digitally control the pictures somewhat and specify the nature of control. Please do not consist of any marks, logo designs, watermarks or verge on your pictures.
- Your pictures ought to be associated with the styles discussed above.
A choice panel will shortlist entries based upon the following requirements:
- Adherance/Appropriateness to the style
- Individuality of the concept/shot
- Ingenious ways of providing the message
Make certain you check out the submission procedure prior to sending your image!
After taking your photo/s
- Download the Skills-in-Action Picture Competitors submission type.
- Open the file and fill the individual info part. Make certain that you offer your total mailing address. Upon being shortlisted, we will utilize this address to send your printed certificate.
- Include a title and compose a brief description for each image. Make certain that you relabel image files with your title: title.jpeg, or “title.tiff (example: Female-shoemaker. jpeg, Female-shoemaker. tiff)
- Make certain you concur and abide by the Terms (Can likewise be discovered in the submission type) and sign the type with date and signature above your printed name.
- Print the type and take a photo of it with the date, your name and signature. Make certain that the contents are understandable. Relabel the file in this format: Lastname_SkillsinAction19 jpeg for instance– Sibomana_SkillsinAction19 jpeg.
- Send Out the finished type photo together with the initial pictures files to unevoc.skills( at) unesco.org with the following e-mail subject heading Lastname_SkillsinAction19 (In case the text contents are not understandable, please forward the filled-up digital copy of the submission type)
Some e-mail suppliers have accessory size limitations. In case of numerous entries that can not be sent out by means of e-mail, you can utilize any cloud storage servers such as ” WeTransfer”, as long as it has direct relate to no sign-up needed to download.
For more details, go to UNESCO-UNEVOC