Due Date: July 23, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the UNESCO Workshop for Specifying Indicators of Info Conservation Sustainability 2019 The UNESCO Regional Multisectoral Workplace for West Africa-Sahel, through the Interaction and Info Program, is arranging a professionals’ workshop to establish indications to keep track of the sustainability of info conservation. An effort straight connected to the Sustainable Advancement Goal 16, that makes access to info among the requirements of advancement.
UNESCO, following the method of the Info for All Program (IFAP) and the arrangements of the Suggestion worrying the conservation and ease of access of the documentary heritage consisting of digital heritage, is participated in a procedure of creating the Indicators efficient in determining the sustainability of info conservation. A method that looks for, to name a few things, to offer States with tools to determine their efficiency or assist their policy on info conservation in order to ensure access to info and promote the advancement of inclusive understanding societies.
Today call is for that reason meant to welcome ladies and guys with tested competence on info conservation concerns to sign up and take part in order to propose prospective Indicators. UNESCO is assembling the Workshop in Dakar on 11 th, 12 th and 13 th September 2019.
Goals of the Workshop
The workshop looks for to:
- Map and evaluate existing indications and tracking tools associated with info and documentary heritage conservation, to pick prospective indications of info conservation sustainability;-LRB- **************).
- Specify a set of indications suitable to keeping track of or determining the sustainability of info conservation.
- For individuals originating from nations besides Senegal, and based in Africa, the possibilities for UNESCO to offer assistance for transport and lodging are extremely minimal. For that reason, supported individuals will be chosen based upon a variety of requirements consisting of gender equality, variety of competence, etc. on a very first come, initially serve basis.
- Open to all ladies and guys experts in the fields of info and interaction innovations, data and particularly the conservation of documentary heritage and digital heritage;-LRB- **************).
- Individuals can originate from memory organizations (archives, libraries, museums, and so on), analytical organizations, universities and proving ground.
For more details, see UNESCO