Application Deadline: August 15th 2021
UNFPA is the Sexual and Reproductive Health agency of the United Nations whose vision is a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every child birth is safe, and every young person’s potential is realized. To achieve this, UNFPA works with partners to achieve three transformative results by 2030, namely:
- Zero preventable maternal deaths
- Zero unmet need for family planning
- Zero Gender Based Violence (GBV) and harmful practices such as Child Marriage and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
The UNFPA Kenya Kenya Country Office has launched a photo competition to raise awareness on the progress made and challenges that remain in Kenya’s march towards the Three Zeroes.
Are you a young Kenyan interested in telling your community’s stories through photography? Enter the UNFPA 3 Zeroes photo competition today!
- Kenyan aged 18-30 years
- You are the owner or copyright holder of the photo(s) submitted to the competition
- Youth from special interest and under-represented groups such as persons with disabilities, youth living amongst refugee populations, and other disadvantaged groups.
The photo contest will focus on images that capture interesting moments or activities to illustrate in an interesting way, how your community is moving towards the 3 Zeroes.
Participants are encouraged to submit photos under three specific themes including:
- Zero Preventable Maternal Deaths: These are photos that highlight how your community is working to make motherhood safer and to improve the health and wellbeing of expectant and new mothers and their newborn babies.
- Zero unmet need for Family Planning: These are photos highlighting trends in Family Planning in your community and how modern contraceptive methods contribute to these trends.
- Zero Gender Based Violence and Harmful Practices: These photos should high;ight the importance of gender equality, safety of women and girls, and ending Gender-based Violence (GBV) and harmful practices such as FGM and child marriage in our communities.
- Each image submitted must focus on a particular theme of the competition.
- Photos can be taken on a camera or mobile phone.
- Photos should be submitted in Jpeg format with a minimum 1MB file size.
- Ensure that you have the approval/consent of the people in the picture, especially if the focus is on a single person. You are encouraged to use this form: (DOWNLOAD CONSENT FORM)
- Use the competition entry form to submit your photograph/s. Each form is limited to ONE THEME, with a maximum of FIVE (5) images per entry. Participants can submit entries into different themes using multiple entry forms.
- Tell us about your photo by including a brief description explaining the context of the photo, where and when it was taken.
- DO NOT submit photos with watermarks, overlays or signatures.
The winners and two runners-up (finalists) in each category will receive the following prizes:
1st Prize: Kshs 100,000
2nd Prize: Kshs 50,000
3rd Prize: Kshs 25,000
For More Information: