Application Due Date: December 31 st 2019
UNHCR and Addis Ababa University’s Centre for Person Rights (CHR-AAU) welcome African college student at the graduate (Masters or Doctoral) level to send research study essays on the subject of forced displacement in Africa to an essay competitors being kept in connection with the African Union’s( AU) style of 2019:
‘The Year of Refugees, Returnees and Internally Displaced Individuals: Towards Resilient Solutions for Required Displacement in Africa’ and to celebrate the 50 th anniversary of the adoption of the Company of African Unity Convention Governing the Particular Elements of Refugee Issues in Africa and the 10 th anniversary of the adoption of the AU Convention for the Defense and Help of Internally Displaced Individuals in Africa (Kampala Convention).
Any research study essay of no greater than 3,000 words (consisting of any cover page, tabulation, footnotes, bibliography, and so on.) that provides a clear contribution on the subject of refugees and/or IDPs in Africa. Research study might originate from any appropriate discipline( consisting of however not restricted to economics, location, history, law, approach, politics or sociology), or might be inter-disciplinary.
The research study might be theoretical, or it might include empirical/field research study findings.
To get in, since the due date (31 December 2019), you need to be:
• Aged 18 or over;-LRB- ************) • A nationwide of, or normally resident in, an AU member state; and
• Registered at the graduate (Masters or Doctoral) level at an acknowledged university in an AU member state
In addition, your essay:
• Should be composed in English;-LRB- ************) • Need to be backed by a professor from your university; and
• May have actually been submittedfor course credit or ready solely for this competitors.
The winning essay will be released online by UNHCR and CHR-AAU and the winner will get a reward of US$ 1,000
Winners will be revealed in May2020
An internal jury made up of UNHCR professionals and CHR-AAUfacultywill screen all entries. The most accomplished works will be forwarded to a specialist jury composedofinternational professionals.
Ensure to consist of:
• Your complete name;
• Your date of birth;-LRB- ************) • Your contact number and e-mail address;
• Your citizenship or nation of regular house;-LRB- ************) • The name of the university where you are signed up;-LRB- ************) • Evidence of registration; and
• A recommendation in PDF format of no greater than 200 words composed by a professor from your university
The internaland professional juries will evaluate entries by the following requirements:
• Quality of composing;-LRB- ************) • Quality of research study;-LRB- ************) • Timeliness and significance of subject; and
• Contribution to increasing understanding of forced displacement in Africa.
To Find Out More: