The Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge is an opportunity to identify solutions that can have a positive impact around education, skills, training, employment opportunities and empowerment of young people.
We believe that you are closest to many of these
challenges and could have practical ideas for projects and innovations
that address them. If you believe you do, we invite you to form a team
of three young people between the ages of 14 to 24 and submit your idea
Kenya is one of the first countries to pilot Generation Unlimited with President Uhuru Kenyatta as a Global Champion for youth empowerment. This year, the Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge is back in Kenya as one of 41 countries participating globally.
To enter the Challenge, you must:
– Be aged 14 to 24 (on 23 September 2019);
– Be part of a team of three participants who meet the age criteria;
– Have a good idea/project/innovation which meets the themes of the
Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge (see below) and can express that
idea in written form through the online-form below or postal address;
– Commit to attending a three-day pre-bootcamp training session and, if selected, a three-day bootcamp training session;
– Commit to implementing your idea/project/innovation if selected to
receive local seed funding which could last until July 2020; and,
– Commit to longer term implementation of your idea/project/innovation if selected for global seed funding.
A panel of expert judges will review all entries
and select the top 15. They will then be taken through the Generation
Unlimited Innovation Bootcamp where they will be guided on how to refine
and pitch their ideas and then do so to the team of judges. The five
most promising will receive a USD $1,000 grant, expert advice and
mentoring on how to improve their idea/project/innovation further.
The five teams will then be asked to pitch their
ideas a second time, at which point two teams will be selected to
proceed to the global level. An international panel of judges will then
select the top five global solutions. The winners will receive USD
$20,000 each and mentorship (locally and globally) to take their ideas
to the next level.
For More Information: