Application Due Date: October 22 nd 2018
The New and Emerging Skill Effort (NETI) is a special entry point for vibrant experts thinking about pursuing a worldwide profession with UNICEF.
As part of UNICEF’s worldwide skill management method, NETI concentrates on bring in, picking, establishing and keeping brand-new mid-career skill
Effective prospects are put in a Skill Group connected with the appropriate practical location for a duration of 3 years. Upon positioning, prospects will be registered in the NETI Profession Advancement Program with a complete portfolio of mentoring, training and peer assistance.
The NETI Program is open for internal and external prospects regardless of classification and level, supplied they fulfill the following minimum requirements. Please describe the Generic Job Statement for comprehensive info.
Conclusion of a sophisticated university degree (master’s degree or comparable *) at the time of application.
Efficiency in English and working understanding (B2) of another main language of the United Nations (i.e. Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
Preparedness to be appointed to any UNICEF workplace worldwide, consisting of challenge task stations, non-family task stations, and complicated emergency situation operation task stations
A minimum of 5 years of gradually accountable expert experience. Appropriate experience needs to consist of, however not restrict to, operate in establishing nations and multicultural environments.
Choice will be offered to prospects under 38 years of age.
- NETI individuals have the chance to carry out a special knowing and profession advancement course, consisting of a two-week orientation at UNICEF’s New york city Head office (NYHQ).
- As part of the orientation, individuals participate in discovering sessions and workshops that are developed to assist them accustom to their brand-new functions and increase their familiarity with the procedures of the company.
- Throughout the orientation, NETI individuals get an introduction of the company’s methods, efforts and difficulties.
- Individuals will likewise have networking chances with NETI fellows around the world and New york city Head office’ personnel.
NETI individuals have the chance to select a coach, who is a well-informed and skilled UNICEF team member. The Mentoring Program is developed to:
- Establish a much better understanding of organizational top priorities, policies, and current advancements
- Recognize the most appropriate information/documentation from sources inside and outside UNICEF
- Boost awareness and combination of cross-cutting problems to programming/operations work
- Get a wider point of view on the difficulties dealing with the company, area, and/or nation workplace
- Gain insight into the culture and casual interaction lines of the company– how it is truly done
- Comprehend the organizational reasoning behind business procedures (e.g. contracting, approval circulations) to prevent abuse of resources and assist the circulation in between procedure and outcomes
- Find out how UNICEF operates in collaboration with other UN companies and essential stakeholders
Each NETI individual will work carefully with his/her manager in the task station. The manager will be accountable for examining and reporting efficiency while supplying assistance to the NETI individual by assisting him/her on particular advancement requirements, which the individual will deal with with the assistance of his/her coach or coach. Supervisors are highly motivated to offer continuous and constant feedback on the NETI individual’s efficiency.
The compensation of personnel in the Expert and greater classifications is comprised of 2 primary aspects: a base pay and post change. The post change, a regular monthly base pay multiplier, takes into consideration cost-of-living aspects and currency exchange rate change in addition to inflation.
Advantages and Privileges
Workers’ take advantage of household friendly, work-life, and variety policies, and UNICEF is devoted to keeping a well balanced gender and geographical representation. Other Advantages and privileges consist of:
• Yearly leave
• Reliance allowance
• Medical and oral insurance coverage
• Pension plan
• Rental aid
• Education grant
• House leave
• Life insurance coverage
• Paid authorized leave
• Household leave
• Household See
• Maternity/ Paternity adoption leave
• Unique leavePlease note that some advantages are paid depending upon the task station and type of task.
How to Use:
Application Submission ( 4 weeks)
Prospect to finish the following:
1. Total an e-Recruitment Profile for the NETI Program, Generic Job Statement
a. Make sure to suggest your individual and expert background with referral to the requirements and proficiencies laid out in the Job Statement.
b. Thoroughly evaluate eligibility requirements.
2. Cover Letter
a. Make sure to consist of a cover letter as part of the e-Recruitment profile submission.
b. Send a different cover letter for each position used.
3. Numerous Option Survey
a. Please finish a series of several option concerns.
b. The survey will describe your expert background and standard technical understanding of the practical location.
For assistance on Skill Management System gain access to, please contact eRecruitment@unicef.org
HR Shortlist ( around 3 weeks)
The Department of Human Being Resources and the working with Workplace will shortlist prospects based upon the requirements laid out in the Job Statement and the outcomes of the several option survey.
Online Evaluation ( around 4 weeks)
Prospects that fulfill the above requirements will be welcomed to take part in a series of online evaluations including:
1. Verbal Evaluation: prospect will be taped while addressing technical concerns, and concerns in a second UN language aside from English.
2. Composed Evaluation: prospects will be asked to address written concerns connected to the technical location of the position.
Web gain access to and a camera/microphone is needed for the evaluation.
Last Shortlisting ( around 2 weeks)
A group of technical professionals will assess the evaluation results and suggest last prospects to be welcomed for the interview.
Interview ( around 4 weeks)
Prospects who pass the above phases in recruitment are welcomed to an Interview, which will be carried out through telephone/Skype (45-60 minutes). The interview might consist of competency-based concerns, in addition to a technical discussion and conversation. Prospects will be notified on the format in advance.
You can click the following file for an in-depth description of UNICEF’s Core Worths and Proficiencies. [pdf]
Recommendation check(around 4 weeks)
The Department of Person Resources will carry out referral look for prospects welcomed for the interview. Prospects will have the chance at application phase to offer a minimum of 3 referees, and current efficiency assessment.
Skill Group Positioning
Effective prospects will be put in the Skill Group connected with the appropriate practical location for a duration of 3 (3) years. Prospects consisted of in the Skill Group will be thought about for all UNICEF chances, consisting of fixed-term positions, short-lived consultations, and consultancies.
To Learn More: