Due Date: April 30, 2019
Calling undergraduate leaders! Take your social effect to the next level. The United Nations Academic Effect and MCN welcome applications for the 2019 Centuries Fellowship The Fellowship is a semester-long management advancement program on your school to take your social effect to the next level. Access to world class training, connections, and acknowledgment is simply an application away.
The program is complimentary and the application is open to undergraduate trainees in excellent standing. Trainee leaders who are making favorable effect in neighborhood and advancing the 2030 Program for Sustainable Advancement and the concepts of UNAI are urged to use. In between admission in August and conclusion of the program in December 2018, associates of Centuries Fellows will assemble in your area on their particular schools a minimum of month-to-month to participate in the management advancement program. Fellows will be challenged by School Directors to share finest practices and take cumulative action on several of the Sustainable Advancement Goals. Upon effective conclusion, each Centuries Fellow will get acknowledgment of conclusion for their Centuries Fellowship Task from MCN and UNAI. Together, MCN and UNAI are catalyzing a brand-new generation of ethical leaders devoted to reinforcing neighborhoods and advancing UN objectives.
Through this collaboration, MCN will guarantee that all Centuries Fellows know the 10 UNAI concepts, the seventeen UN Sustainable Advancement Goals, and align their deal with these goals. UNAI will be participated in advertising this collaboration and program through its worldwide network. Together, MCN and UNAI will collectively acknowledge Fellows’ contributions.
- Convene: As part of an associate of 8-20+ Centuries Fellows on your school, assemble to gain from and challenge each other.
- Difficulty: Establish a strategy for your sessions together. Meet to exchange finest practices. And you might believe larger: arranging a campus-wide sustainability effort or more.
- Commemorate: When your Fellowship School satisfies the objectives you produced yourselves, you will make a certificate of acknowledgment from United Nations Academic Effect and Centuries School Network.
UPON SUCCESSFUL CONCLUSION OF THE PROGRAM, SIGN UP WITH THE MCN ALUMNI NEIGHBORHOOD AND CONTINUE TO HAVE SOCIAL EFFECT.
- You need to be at least 18 years of ages, an undergraduate registered in a college or university, and in excellent standing at that scholastic organization throughout of the program.
- You make a dedication to assemble in-person least 8 times throughout the Centuries Fellowship (for 2019, the program will run August-December) with your School Directors and other Fellows on your school to share finest practices and take cumulative action. Trainees need to satisfy on-campus, in-person for the Fellowship sessions. If you miss out on sessions, this is premises for expulsion and the forfeit of your classification as a Centuries Fellow. School Directors have extra duties as kept in mind in Frequently asked questions area on “School Director Applicants.”
Note: They intend to accept a minimum of 8 Centuries Fellows from each School Center (with 2 School Directors). Many School Centers will usually have 8-20 Centuries Fellows. The Fellowship has to do with forming neighborhood; for that reason they motivate you to share the program with other potential Fellows on your school and motivate them to use too.
In addition to these assisting worths and characteristics of people, they are trying to find associates and schools that will promote this program. What does that mean in practice:
- Frequency: School Directors and Centuries Fellows are deeply bought structure capability through community-building– conference and engaging with each other as frequently as possible throughout the Centuries Fellowship– wishing to completely utilize the curriculum and neighborhood.
- Buy-in: Preferably, everybody all the method as much as the University President/Vice-Chancellor supports Centuries Fellows, supporting their vision, tasks, and cumulative action. If Fellows’ Jobs or cumulative actions happen beyond the school, neighborhood members are actively associated with leading and forming them.
- Effect: Centuries Fellows effectively run their own tasks (conference planned results) and where appropriate discover success in a cumulative action (for instance, dealing with administration to upgrade a school sustainability strategy, or hosting a campus-wide top on gender addition). School Directors and Centuries Fellows share stories of effect advancing the SDGs and UNAI concepts with MCN and UNAI.
- Connection: School Directors and Centuries Fellows continue to satisfy frequently beyond the Centuries Fellowship in spring 2019 (and beyond)– devoted to constructing out a robust school center. Fellows re-apply for the list below year and/or choose a minimum of another trainee to use.
Submit the preliminary of the Centuries Fellowship Class of 2019 application. Applications will be examined on a rolling basis and qualified trainees continue to round 2.
For additional information, see Centuries Fellowship