Due Date: May 31, 2019
Applications are open for the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations & BMW Group Intercultural Development Award 2019 The Intercultural Development Award chooses and supports the most ingenious grassroots jobs that motivate intercultural discussion and pursue a more serene and socially inclusive world by constructing shared regard amongst individuals of various cultural and spiritual identities, turning down violent extremism and accepting variety.
With the goal of “assisting individuals to assist themselves” both UNAOC and BMW Group activate their resources, time and networks to support the recipients. This brand-new design of partnership in between the UN and the economic sector produces much deeper effect, as both partners supply their particular competence to guarantee the sustainable development of each task.
Award receivers will get:
- One year of assistance and mentoring from UNAOC and BMW Group;-LRB- **************).
- Comprehensive requirements evaluation and personalized strategy to attain your company’s goals;-LRB- **************).
- Financing to assist you broaden and duplicate your task;-LRB- **************).
- Capacity-building workshops in numerous worldwide areas;-LRB- **************).
- Special subscription to intercultural leaders, an abilities and knowledge-sharing platform;-LRB- **************).
- Networking chances and international acknowledgment as an Intercultural Development Awadee.
- Open to not-for-profit companies handling jobs concentrated on promoting intercultural discussion and understanding, and who want to broaden their series of action. Examples consist of jobs in the fields of combating xenophobia, education for international citizenship, interfaith discussion, migration and combination, avoidance of violent extremism, along with efforts dealing with the requirements of particular groups in promoting intercultural understanding (e.g. faith-based, youth, ladies, media, and so on)
- Using companies need to have been functional for a minimum of 2 years prior to April 2019; with financing base and task execution (i.e. the company need to reveal registration as non-profit in their nation of operation by April 2017 or earlier).
- Using companies need to be handling a task concentrated on promoting intercultural discussion and understanding. Examples consist of jobs in the fields of combating xenophobia, education for international citizenship, interfaith discussion, migration and combination, avoidance of violent extremism, along with efforts dealing with the requirements of particular groups in promoting intercultural understanding (e.g. faith-based, youth, ladies, media, and so on)
- The using company should have the desire to broaden the series of action of the task with UNAOC, the BMW Group and other partners.
- Organizations that have actually formerly gotten any UNAOC assistance are not qualified to use to the Intercultural Development Award.
- Jobs that have actually been sent to previous editions of the Intercultural Development Award and were not picked, are qualified and urged to use once again. Nevertheless, using companies can not have actually been winners of previous editions of the UNAOC Market of Concepts or BMW Group Awards.
Shortlisted jobs will be assessed versus a detailed set of requirements. These requirements consist of 3 primary classifications:
- Importance — is suitable for the target market and in the regional context where carried out.
- Quality — carries out an extensive analysis of problems/issues and sets a constant intervention technique.
- Clearness — sets clear goals and draws a sensible connection in between activities, outputs and results.
- Development — presses beyond borders and master using initial and unique approaches (social networks, arts, pedagogical method, ingenious training, and so on)
- Measurability — effect of the intervention is assessable (i.e. variety of recipients, surveys on mindset modification, evaluation of behavioral modifications, clear policy modifications, and so on)
- Sustainability — shows capability to be sustainable in the mid-long term.
- Replicability — has the capability to be reproduced and scaled up in various settings. This is a crucial examination requirement.
- Organizational structure — can attaining the objectives embeded in the task.
- Intercultural dedication — has actually shown interest and dedication in intercultural discussion, understanding and cooperation (e.g. previous reports, referral letters, and so on).
- Work strategy and spending plan — has actually set a reasonable spending plan to duplicate or broaden the task.
- Openness — has actually made real and showed efforts to embrace a policy of openness.
- Equality — has actually embraced equality and variety policies as shown in employee, subscription and activities.
- Clearness — reveals a reliable interaction of concepts and offers pertinent examples.
- Conciseness — offers clear and succinct actions to concerns.
- Persuasiveness — consists of informative arguments and interesting story.
For additional information, go to UNAOC & BMW Group Intercultural Development Award