Due Date: September 15, 2019
Applications are open for the 2019 UN Correspondents Association Awards for finest media protection of the United Nations and United Nations firms. The United Nations Correspondents Association (UNCA) welcomes media worldwide to send entries for its 24 th yearly UNCA Awards for the very best print, broadcast (TELEVISION & Radio) and online, web-based media protection of the United Nations, U.N. firms and field operations.
Protection of the U.N. and U.N. firms is defined in each classification; the committee invites protection of all problems especially on the Sustainable Advancement Goals for 2030, peacekeeping operations and nonproliferation, consisting of the removal of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons.
Winners will be honoured at a Gala occasion with the United Nations Secretary General H.E. Antonio Guterres on Friday, December, 2019, at Cipriani Wall Street, New York City.
- The Elizabeth Neuffer Memorial Reward, sponsored by the Alexander Bodini Structure, for composed media (consisting of online media). The reward is for print and online protection of the U.N. and U.N. firms, called in honor of Elizabeth Neuffer, The Boston World bureau chief at the U.N., who passed away while on a project in Baghdad in 2003.
- The Ricardo Ortega Memorial Reward, sponsored by the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations, for broadcast (TELEVISION & Radio) media. The reward is for broadcast protection of the U.N. and U.N. firms, called in honor of Ricardo Ortega, previously the New york city reporter for Antena 3 TELEVISION of Spain, who passed away while on a project in Haiti in 2004.
- The Prince Albert II of Monaco and UNCA Global Reward for protection of Environment Modification. The reward is for print (consisting of online media) and broadcast media (TELEVISION & Radio) for protection of sustainable and fair management of natural deposits and the execution of ingenious and ethical options in 3 primary classifications: environment modification, biodiversity, and water.
- Open to all reporters throughout the world
- Entries can be sent in any of the main U.N. languages (English, French, Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, and Russian) nevertheless a composed records in English or French is required to assist in the evaluating procedure
- Each prospect can send to no greater than 2 (2) reward classifications, with an optimum of 3 (3) stories in each. Joint entries are accepted
- Electronic files and web links published to the online Entry Kind are needed
- Electronic entries are compulsory
The judges will try to find entries with effect, insight and creativity, and will think about the guts and investigative and reporting abilities of the reporters. Unique attention will be offered to the creativity of day-to-day protection and breaking news from U.N. Head office. Entries from the establishing world media are especially welcome.
To learn more, go to UNCA Awards