Due Date: November 3, 2018
Are you an interactions expert with an enthusiasm for the environment? The United Nations Environment Program (UN Environment) is hiring! Have a look at this amazing chance with their Interaction Department in Nairobi!
The United Nations Environment Program (UN Environment) is the leading international ecological authority that sets the international ecological program, promotes the meaningful execution of the ecological measurement of sustainable advancement within the United Nations system and functions as a reliable supporter for the international environment. UN Environment’s Interaction Department interacts UN Environment’s core messages to all stakeholders and partners, raising ecological awareness and boosting the profile of UN Environment worldwide. This post lies in UN Environment Interaction Department at Nairobi responsibility station.
Under the basic assistance of the Director, who functions as Publisher for the company, and direct guidance of the Chief of Area, Digital Method and Head of Media, the incumbent is accountable for the efficient and effective efficiency of the following responsibilities:
- Method execution: Guarantee prompt execution of activities associated with the media method to advertise concern concerns and/or significant occasions, to consist of preparing details methods, collaborating efforts, keeping track of and reporting on development, taking suitable follow-up actions, and examining the result; Guarantee efficient style and shipment of interaction items; Carry out activities to promote media protection (e.g. interview, interviews, press workshops and other unique activities) of concern concerns and/or significant occasions, to consist of advancement of a media method and action strategy, starting proactive media outreach efforts.
- Capability structure: Develop details networks by communicating with reporters, other media agents and fans, customers, and advocates of media networks; Establish and sustain collaborations with internal and external partners for effective advancement and execution of UN Environment’s news media method; Display media, examine details and prepare reports in order to guarantee outreach, engagement and development of the UN Environment’s media protection.
- Material production: Produce and manage production of media-orientated interaction items (editorial writing, news writing, proofing, pitching, positioning, and so on). Suggest suitable details and interaction products for usage in media and other interaction activities; Take part in picking the news and media associated details sent to crucial constituencies; Maintain and upgrade online media relations contact list/database; Guarantee fast and precise details dissemination to the media; Serve as a News desk Officer for the System.
- Carry out other responsibilities as might be designated.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in journalism, interaction, public relations or other associated field is needed. A first-level university degree in mix with 2 extra years of certifying experience might be accepted in lieu of the sophisticated university degree.
- A minimum of 5 (5) years of progressive work experience in media relations, a digital newsroom, editorial production or journalism, a few of which at the global level, is needed. Experience in the advancement and execution of a made media method involving complicated research study and story development is preferable.
- English and French are the working understanding of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post marketed, fluency in oral and written English is needed. Understanding of another UN language is a benefit.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Understanding of theories, ideas and techniques appropriate to efficient interactions methods; Capability to collaborate and handle complicated interaction projects and occasions; Capability to conceive and add to style of interaction projects that target bigger audiences; Reveals pride in work and in accomplishments; Is diligent and effective in satisfying dedications, observing due dates and attaining outcomes; Is encouraged by expert instead of individual issues; Reveals determination when confronted with hard issues or obstacles; Stays calm in difficult scenarios; Develop efficient cooperation and collaborations with authorities at all levels inside and outside the company.
- PREPARATION AND ORGANIZING: Establishes clear objectives that follow predetermined methods; Determines concern activities and projects; Changes concerns as needed; Assign suitable quantity of time and resources for finishing work; Predicts dangers and enables contingencies when preparation; Displays and changes strategies and actions as required; Utilizes time effectively.
- INTERACTION: Speaks and composes plainly and efficiently; Pays attention to others, properly translates messages from others and reacts properly; Asks concerns to clarify, and shows interest in having two-way interaction; Tailors language, tone, design and format to match audience; Shows openness in sharing details and keeping individuals notified.
To learn more, see UN Environment