Due Date: February 20, 2019
Applications for the 2019 United Nations International Law Fellowship Program are presently being accepted. The Fellowship Program offers top quality training by popular global law scholars and professionals on a broad variety of core subjects of global law. In addition, the interactive nature of the training permits the individuals to share experiences and exchange concepts, which promotes higher understanding and cooperation on modern concerns of global law.
The Fellowship Program is meant to allow competent experts, in specific federal government authorities and instructors of global law from establishing nations and nations with emerging economies, to deepen their understanding of global law and of the legal work of the United Nations. The Fellowship Program accommodates approximately 21 individuals.
About the Fellowship
The Fellowship Program includes a yearly six-week summertime course at the Peace Palace in The Hague, the Netherlands. The individuals go to lectures and workshops in global law arranged by the Codification Department in addition to the general public global law session at The Hague Academy of International Law.
The lectures and workshops arranged by the Codification Department are offered by popular global law scholars and professionals from various areas and legal systems. The Fellowship Program is performed in English or French. The 2019 Program will be performed in English.
The 2019 Fellowship Program will be held at the Peace Palace in The Hague, the Netherlands, from 1 July to 9 August2019 It will be performed in English
The subjects that will be covered in the workshops and lectures arranged by the Codification Department might consist of:
- Global law
- Treaty law
- State obligation
- Global peace and security
- Serene settlement of global disagreements
- Diplomatic and consular law
- Global companies
- United Nations organizations and law making
- The work of the International Law Commission
- Global human rights law
- Global humanitarian law
- Global criminal law
- Global ecological law
- Law of the sea
- Global trade law
- Global financial investment law
- Legal research study
- Legal preparing
The United Nations International Law Fellowship Program is arranged by the Codification Department of the United Nations Workplace of Legal Affairs.
The fellowships cover the fellowship recipient’s travel expenses in economy class, lodging, medical insurance coverage, involvement in the Fellowship Program, the training product and the registration charge for The Hague Academy of International Law. In accordance with the policies and treatments governing the administration of United Nations fellowships, individuals will likewise get a stipend to cover other living costs.
Certified prospects might likewise request self-funded positions. Self-funded individuals bear all expenses connected with their involvement (travel, lodging, living costs and registration charge for The Hague Academy of International Law). Training products are supplied to all self-funded individuals totally free of charge.
- Prospects need to have a legal background with expert experience in the field of global law.
- The picked individuals are needed to send a medical certificate of health and to accredit that they have the ability to go to the whole of the course on a full-time basis.
- The Fellowship Program is likewise open up to academic community and experts from intergovernmental and non-governmental companies and comparable organizations taken part in global law activities in the pertinent nations.
- Present employee of the United Nations are not nevertheless qualified for fellowships, however on an extraordinary basis, might be thought about for participation on a self-funded basis.
- Prospects who are not federal government authorities can be chosen by the organization which they work for or with which they are associated.
- The 2019 Fellowship Program will be performed in English. Fluency in spoken and composed English is needed.
- Total the application in English, typewritten. Responses ought to be clear and as detailed as possible. If you require additional area, you might connect extra pages. Insufficient applications will not be thought about.
- The “Letter of Transmission” need to be finished and signed by a senior authorities of the organization that exists the prospect’s application.
- A prospect whose native tongue or language of guideline is not English need to send proof of his/her capability to go to and take part in lectures and workshops performed in English (e.g., diploma obviously performed in English, language test certificate, substantial work experience in English).
The application ought to be sent out by e-mail to: [email protected]
2 variations of the application need to be sent:
- One scanned copy f the signed orginal (for instance in PDF or JPG)
- One electronic MS Word variation (or comparable) of the application
For additional information, see United Nations International Law Fellowship