Application Due Date: 13 September 2019
On 22 April 2004, the United Nations and The Nippon Structure of Japan concluded a trust fund task contract to offer capacity-building and personnel advancement to establishing States Celebrations and non-Parties to UNCLOS through a brand-new Fellowship Program. The Program is carried out by the Department for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea (DOALOS) of the Workplace of Legal Affairs.
The goal of the fellowship is to offer chances for.
innovative education and research study in the field of ocean affairs and the.
law of the sea, and associated disciplines consisting of marine science in.
assistance of management structures, to Federal government authorities and other.
mid-level specialists from establishing States, so that they might acquire.
the required understanding to help their nations to develop.
thorough ocean policy and to execute the legal routine set out in.
UNCLOS and associated instruments.
Upon conclusion of the fellowship, fellows must have a sophisticated.
awareness and understanding of crucial problems and finest global.
practices in ocean affairs and are anticipated to go back to their.
home-countries to contribute their experience to help with the.
efficient application of UNCLOS and associated instruments and.
programs. Fellows must have the ability to develop, execute and/or examine.
particular enhancement tasks in their house nations connected to ocean.
affairs, establish a core management capability and have an extensive.
understanding of legal structures, methods and tools to even more.
enhance application of instruments and programs and to attend to.
their efficient enforcement in conformity with global law.
The 9-month Fellowship Program is made up of 2 successive.
stages which offer Fellows with innovative and personalized research study and.
training chances in their selected fields:
- Stage One: 3-month Research Study and Training– typically carried out in between March/April and June at DOALOS at the United Nations Head Office in New York City.
- Stage 2: 6-month Advanced Academic Research Study and Research study– typically carried out in between July and December at one of the distinguished getting involved Host Institutions and under the assistance of topic specialist( s) who have actually acknowledged thorough proficiency in the Fellows’ picked discipline.
Prospects wanting to be thought about for a Fellowship award should guarantee that they satisfy all the following requirements:
- You should be in between the ages of 25 and 40;-LRB- **************).
- You should have effectively finished a very first university degree, and show a capability to carry out independent innovative scholastic research study and research study;-LRB- **************).
- You should be a mid-level specialist from a nationwide federal government organ of an establishing seaside State, or another governmental or non-governmental firm in such a State, which deals straight with ocean affairs problems, and your expert position should enable you to straight help your country in the formula and/or application of policy in this location. This consists of marine sciences and the science-policy linkage. Your “Election and Suggestion Kind” must be finished by a Federal government authorities or other authorities who can vouch for the nature of your deal with regard to the Federal government’s ocean affairs and law of the sea associated activities, and show how an Award would straight add to these activities;-LRB- **************).
- Your proposed research study and research study program should contribute straight to your country’s formula and/or application of ocean affairs and law of the sea policies and programs; and
- Prospects should be without all non-Fellowship responsibilities throughout this whole duration unless otherwise licensed by the Department for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea, Workplace of Legal Affairs, United Nations. Stage 1 is roughly 3 months at United Nations Head Quarters in New york city (typically April through June) and stage 2 is roughly 6 months at the host organization (typically July through December).
Complete Satisfaction of the above requirements should be plainly shown by the prospect through the application and verified by a nominating authority.
For Additional Information: