Application Due Date: October 5th 2018
The Important Requirements Fellowship was developed in 2017 as one of 3 core activities under the United Nations– Nippon Structure Sustainable Ocean Program The Fellowship intends to help establishing States, especially least industrialized nations, little island establishing States and landlocked establishing nations, to resolve recognized vital requirements in the execution of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea and associated instruments, in addition to Sustainable Advancement Objective (SDG) 14 and other associated SDGs.
Through the targeted structure of human capability, the Important Requirements Fellowship addresses needs-based capability spaces at the nationwide level to conquer vital capability barriers to allow the most susceptible States to much better address tactically essential and time-sensitive ocean affairs and the law of the sea problems they are confronted with.
This particular function will be attained through the shipment of vital capability support, in the format of a Fellowship Program, to Federal government authorities from establishing States with minimal background in ocean affairs and the law of the sea, who are filling essential positions in their Administration to resolve recognized vital requirements in the execution of Sustainable Advancement Objective (SDG) 14 and other associated SDGs.
The Fellowship includes a four-month training program at the Department for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea, Workplace of Legal Affairs of the United Nations Secretariat, at the United Nations Head Office in New York City. It includes an extremely tailored program of activities.
Depending upon requirements recognized, Fellows may, throughout the four-month training program, carry out a knowing positioning with either a Department of the United Nations Secretariat, a specific firm, or a company associated with the United Nations or other appropriate company. ( Please click on this link for a description of program activities)
Chosen prospects need to satisfy all the following requirements:
- Needs To be in between the ages of 25 and 40;-LRB- *******************).
- Should have effectively finished a very first university degree;-LRB- *******************).
- Should be Federal government authorities dealing straight with vital problems associated with sustainable advancement of oceans and seas consisting of the execution of the 2030 Program for Sustainable Advancement; nationwide and/or local ocean policy; facility of maritime zones and the delimitation of maritime limits; seaside zone management; preservation and management of marine living resources; maritime transportation and shipping; maritime security; the defense and conservation of the marine environment; and marine science;-LRB- *******************).
- The “Election and Suggestion Type” need to be finished by a Federal government authorities who can vouch for the nature of your deal with regard to the Federal government’s ocean affairs and law of the sea associated activities, and suggest how an Award would straight add to these activities;-LRB- *******************).
- The suggested research study program need to contribute straight to the State’s formula and/or execution of ocean affairs and law of the sea policies and programs;-LRB- *******************).
- Should be without all non-Fellowship responsibilities throughout this whole duration unless otherwise licensed by the Department for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea, Workplace of Legal Affairs.
Fulfillment of the above requirements need to be plainly shown by the prospect through the application and validated by a Nominating Authority.
The choice to Award a Fellowship is made in accordance with the appropriate arrangements of the Technical Cooperation Arrangement which develops the Fellowship Program, and directed by the “Fellowship Choice Criteria” used by the United Nations System Organizations.
Effective prospects JUST will be alerted straight by DOALOS of their Award. Other candidates will discover the choice results published on this web page, roughly in late February.
Please keep in mind that Awards are conditional on the fulfilment of all Fellowship requirements consisting of, inter alia, the required visa( s) and medical clearance
Conditions for picked prospects
Travel and Payment (Stipends– and allowance)
Fellows will be supplied with a return air-ticket in economy class for journeys from their house nation to the United Nations Head Office in New York City, U.S.A..
Travel plans will be made by the United Nations and in accordance with the appropriate United Nations take a trip policies.
Fellows will get a stipend throughout their fellowship in accordance with the recognized United Nations rates for the host Nation. These rates are upgraded frequently and offered on the following URL: https://www.un.org/development/desa/fellowship/stipend-rates
Medical Clearance and Insurance Coverage
Granted Fellows will finish the needed United Nations medical clearance procedure (comprehensive details will be shared after Awards are made)
Fellows will then be registered in a medical insurance coverage plan throughout of their Fellowship program. This protection is supplied by Cigna International Health Providers BVBA, Belgium.
Fellows are accountable for protecting their lodgings. The United Nations will not act upon behalf of the Fellows, work as guarantors, or accept any liabilities or duties in this regard.
States have actually been welcomed to choose Federal government authorities with minimal background in ocean affairs and the law of the sea, who are filling essential positions in their Administration and who are entrusted with tasks connecting to the execution of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea and associated instruments, in addition to Sustainable Advancement Objective (SDG) 14 and other associated SDGs.
Please keep in mind that there is No Charge to send an application. The due date for submission of applications is 05 October 2018
To Find Out More: