Due Date: June 30, 3019
The United Nations University Institute on Computing and Society (UNU-CS) is accepting applications for the 2019 Young Info and Interaction Technologies and Advancement (ICTD) Fellowship program. UNU-CS invites current PhD graduates to join us and co-create amazing research study jobs together.
ICTD Fellows will invest one year in house at UNU-CS in Macau to carry out research study in ICTD under the guidance of UNU-CS Principal Scientists and the Head of Research study. You will carry out high quality research study that can press brand-new frontiers, deepen core research study understanding, and/or provide brand-new methods to enduring developmental problems in the field of ICTs and sustainable advancement. Your research study results will notify UN policy-making on problems connected to ICTs and sustainable advancement.
The objectives of the program are to:
- add to the ICTs and sustainable advancement research study field
- address worldwide advancement problems in line with the UN Sustainable Advancement Goals (SDGs)
- engage scholastic partners within the UN policy-making procedure
- increase our combined research study capability, worldwide reach, and effect
- keep UNU-CS research study abreast of brand-new and emerging scholarship on sustainable advancement
- cultivate an interdisciplinary intellectual neighborhood
This is a resident position on a one (1) year Worker Service Arrangement (PSA) agreement with UNU with the possibility for renewal of one (1) year topic to efficiency and financing schedule.
This is an agreement position falling beyond the United Nations Common System. The effective prospect will not hold worldwide civil servant status nor be a “team member” as specified in the United Nations Personnel Rules and Laws.
The chosen ICTD Fellows will get the following advantages:
- workplace in our freshly remodelled office complex, which belongs to Macau’s abundant cultural heritage
- complimentary lodging in UNU-CS’ personnel house center in the centre of Macau, a 15 minute walk from the workplace; you will not pay lease however energies just (constant residency is needed)
- economy travel to and from Macau on the very first arrival and last departure
- a stipend, competitive with regional market rates
Chosen prospects will be welcomed for an interview, as part of the choice procedure.
At the end of the fellowship program, the ICTD Fellows are anticipated to collectively or separately produce research study documents and a UN policy pertinent outputs.
Compensation will be commensurate with credentials and experience. UN earnings is exempt to taxes in Macau.
Needed credentials and experience consist of:
- a Ph.D. or comparable degree finished in an appropriate discipline in the last 2 years
- showed experience conceptualising and performing desk and field research study in a location pertinent to the ICTD field
- engagement in research study pertinent to UNU-CS’ research study programs
- exceptional command of spoken and composed English
- versatility and the capability to work under due dates
- the capability for imaginative options and out-of-the-box thinking
- a results-driven state of mind
- excellent group gamer with strong social abilities, shown by the capability to operate in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with level of sensitivity and regard for variety
4 Young ICTD Fellow positions will be filled through this recruitment workout. An extra 10 to fifteen prospects will be put on the institute lineup, which serves 2 functions:
- If comparable positions open in the future, the lineup prospects might be positioned to fill the positions straight without replicating the recruitment procedure.
- The lineup prospects will be engaged by the institute regularly through virtual conferences to share their research study jobs and/or to contribute concepts to the institute’s research study program.
Interested candidates ought to send their applications by e-mail to [email protected] by 30 June 2019, and should consist of the following:
- a cover letter describing your interest in operating at UNU-CS and what distinct attributes you would bring
- a curriculum vitae that notes your pertinent experience, proficiencies, and publications (optimum 5 pages in length)
- a research study proposition (optimum 2500 words) reacting to one (1 ) of the difficulty concerns in the connected annex file
- 2 (2) recommendation letters from somebody knowledgeable about your scholastic work
- a finished and signed UNU Personal History (P.11) kind downloadable from the UNU site(please prevent utilizing comparable types offered by other United Nations companies);-LRB- ***************).
All applications should consist of the subject line “Application for ICTD Fellow (Ref No: 2019/ UNU/CS/PSA/ ICTD/34)”
For more details, check out UNU-CS Young ICTD Fellowship