Due Date: July 21, 2019
Intrigued in operating at the UN? The UN Young Specialists Program is now open for applications and work experience is not needed. The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a recruitment effort for gifted, extremely certified experts to begin a profession as a worldwide civil servant with the United Nations Secretariat. It includes an entryway assessment and expert advancement programs when effective prospects begin their profession with the UN.
The YPP assessment is held when a year and is open to nationals of nations taking part in the yearly recruitment workout. The list of getting involved nations is released each year and differs from year to year.
- You need to have the citizenship of a taking part nation.
- You need to hold a minimum of a first-level university degree appropriate for the test topic you are looking for.
- You need to be 32 or more youthful in the year of the assessment.
- You need to be proficient in either English or French.
Getting Involved Nations
Each year, nations that are un- or under-represented in the United Nations, are welcomed to participate in the Young Professionals Program.
Afghanistan, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahrain, Belarus, Belize, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Central African Republic, China, Comoros, Cyprus, Democratic Individuals’s Republic of Korea, Dominica, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Grenada, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Japan, Kiribati, Kuwait, Lao Individuals’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated States of), Monaco, Montenegro, Mozambique, Nauru, Norway, Oman, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Solomon Islands, South Sudan, Suriname, Syrian Arab Republic, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Vanuatu, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)
Depending upon the staffing requirements of the United Nations, candidates are welcomed to make an application for various test topics. Descriptions of obligations, anticipated proficiencies and education requirements vary depending upon the location.
Test topics will be revealed later on this year.
- Evaluating concerns: Ensure you thoroughly went through the screening concerns. They are meant to validate the eligibility of candidates. If you can not address all evaluating concerns agreeably you may not be qualified to participate in the YPP.
- Citizenship: In the field marked “Nation of Citizenship”, go into the getting involved nation under which you want to be thought about for the assessment. Please keep in mind that the fields “Citizenship at Birth” and “Other Citizenships” will not be thought about in the eligibility screening.
- Education: It may take place that your acquired education does not represent any of the provided options. If your precise education is not noted in the drop-down menu, please choose the closest appropriate alternative and discuss inconsistencies under “Extra Remarks.” Just if you discover no match at all, you might picked “Other” in these 2 fields. The “Expertise” field will not be thought about in the screening procedure.
- Work experience: Where more than 40 prospects of the very same citizenship make an application for the YPP, appropriate work experience will be utilized to rank prospects. Please be exact and concise about your work experience.
- Languages: You need to be proficient in all 4 locations (speak, check out, compose, comprehend) in English or French. Showing anything less than “Fluent” in any of the 4 locations will render you unqualified.
- Action 1: Validate your eligibility
- Action 2: Evaluation the task opening– Check out the task opening for the test topic you have an interest in and make certain you satisfy the requirements. The list of task openings can be discovered on the YPP Web page.
- Action 3: Prepare an application
- Action 4: Application examination
The application duration for the 2019 YPP tests is now open! Applications will be accepted through 21 July. Please check out Inspira to discover the task openings (JO).
You can likewise see the educational video for pointers on the application procedure. Take 5 minutes to see and find out more!
To find out more, check out United Nations YPP