Deadline: December 31, 2021
United People Global (UPG) is now accepting applications for the UPG Sustainability Leadership Program 2022. UPG Sustainability Leadership is the world’s largest sustainability leadership training and applications for the Class of 2022 are open to young adults.
Are you a passionate citizen, aged 18 to 35, that believes your actions can support your local community and that every small positive action can make the world a better place? Then you are welcome to apply for the 2022 Program.
In spring 2022 UPG commits to train and certify a minimum of 500 additional young leaders from all over the world by spring 2022. And to offer 60 of them an immersive 1-week experience on an island in the USA: the Hurricane Island Center for Science and Leadership.
After two completed trainings (2019 and 2021) the program has certified 586 young leaders from 108 countries as champions for positive citizen leadership. Those leaders have so far impacted over 14,000 people worldwide through their local projects and mini-training sessions on the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
UPG Sustainability Leaders are trained in both the methods and the issues to become ambassadors for positive citizen leadership on sustainability. Several incentives are designed into the application process to enable the Class of 2022 to be as impactful as it is diverse, including encouraging young people who work in organisations that care about sustainability to apply – and many other demographic groups.
- Participants will have the costs of the program covered – Training material. Accommodation, subsistence, local transportation, international flights (a round trip flight from participant’s hometown to the US);
- All 500 participants will receive an online training and will be certified as UPG Sustainability Leaders after completion of the course.
P.S: Visas are not included in the costs of the program, and selected applicants are entirely responsible for covering these expenses. UPG will send visa application letters to assist with the process (if necessary).
- Candidates must be 18-35 years of age;
- Candidates must be self-motivated, capable of overcoming major challenges and able to think outside the box;
- Candidates must be able to read, listen and communicate in English, but no language level certificate is needed;
- Applicants from all nationalities are eligible to apply;
- Candidates from all genders and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Organisations are also invited to nominate people to take part in this training. Simply scroll down the application page and find the ‘’ nominate a candidate’’ section.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, then take action and apply.
UPG is looking for young determined people from all different paths of life and regions of the world. From well-experienced professionals to freshly graduated students. The selection process considers four factors:
- Your Profile – this helps us to strive for diversity
- Your Motivation – they select the most motivated
- Your Capabilities and
- The Potential for Impact
Competition for the UPGSL is merit-based. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Individuals and Institutions of any nature interested in sending candidates are entitled to apply for the program. Before applying for UPG Sustainability Leadership, they encourage you to register as a UPG Champion (either as an individual or as an organization) as they prioritize champions who are engaged in UPG.
When completing the application, please note:
- Applications must be completed online; applications that are mailed, faxed or emailed to UPG will not be accepted;
- Questions that are marked with a red asterisk must be answered;
- Individuals may only submit one application. If an applicant submits two applications using different email addresses, then the individual will be disqualified;
For more information, visit United People Global.