Application Due Date: November 9th 2018
The UBC Mastercard Structure Scholars Program (MCFSP) supplies chances for trainees from Sub-Saharan Africa to pursue undergraduate and graduate research studies at UBC.
The University of British Columbia is pleased to partner with The MasterCard Structure Scholars Program to supply detailed scholarships to trainees from Sub-Saharan Africa. The Program supplies access to education for academically skilled, yet financially marginalized youths. Scholars in the Program have actually a shown dedication to returning to their neighborhoods and establish the management had to add to social and financial change throughout the continent.
Eligibility and Choice Requirements
To be qualified for factor to consider for The Mastercard Structure Scholars Masters’ Degree Program at UBC, the candidate needs to:
- have actually finished a Bachelor’s degree;-LRB- *******************).
- be a person of and have actually lived a substantial part of their life in a Sub-Saharan African nation;-LRB- *******************).
- present financially disadvantaged monetary scenarios, and have the ability to reveal absence of monetary methods from household or other sources to pursue graduate education in their house nation or in other places;-LRB- *******************).
- have actually accomplished scholastic quality under hard scenarios, and reveal management qualities or possible;-LRB- *******************).
- show an interest in and dedication to returning to his/her house neighborhood in manner ins which improve the financial development and social advancement of Africa, through engagement in activities in their existing occupation, university or neighborhood;-LRB- *******************).
- be requesting a Master’s degree in among the following Professors and programs at UBC’s Vancouver school;.
- Sauder School of Company.
- Professors of Forestry.
- Professors of Land and Food Systems.
- Professors of Education.
- Professors of Medication.
- Professors of Science.
- be an individual who needs a Canadian research study authorization to study in Canada;-LRB- *******************).
- devote to going back to Africa instantly after graduation from UBC in order to use their training and abilities to the improvement of others.
Please keep in mind that Convention refugees and trainees planning to end up being landed immigrants to Canada are not qualified for factor to consider for this award.
The Mastercard Structure Scholars Program covers all expenditures connected with UBC tuition, real estate and food. Scholars likewise get a stipend every month to support their lives in Vancouver.
Action 1: Admissibility Submission:
- Sauder Admissibility Submission: October 25, 2018
- All other professors: November 9, 2018
Action 2: Mastercard Structure Scholars Program Application November 16, 2018
Action 3: UBC Professors Applications:
- Forestry: December 14, 2018
- Land and Food Systems: December 14, 2018
- Masters of Educational Administration and Management (EDAL)– TBC
- Masters of College (HIED)– TBC
- Masters in Science Education (SCED)– December 1, 2018
- Medication: TBC
- Sauder School of Company: December 14, 2018
- Science: TBC
These dates might differ from those published on professors sites. Please note that if you are requesting the Mastercard Structure Scholars Program at UBC, you need to send all your files by the dates asked for above.
Action One: Admissibility Submission
- Choose your Program( s) of Interest from the list
- Seek Advice From the Minimum Academic Requirements/International Qualifications for College student, noted by nation to identify your scholastic eligibility for the program and MCF research studies * https://www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/application-admission/minimum-academic- requirements-international-credentials * Considered that the variety of candidates goes beyond the variety of positions offered, a record that satisfies standard entryway requirements does not ensure admission to graduate
- If you satisfy the minimum scholastic requirements, e-mail the MCF Program Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org to identify your eligibility for the scholarship. In the subject line of the e-mail, please state “Obtaining Mastercard Structure Scholarship- [Intended Program]”. Connect to your e-mail a scanned copy of your records and your CV/Resume. Likewise supply in the body of the e-mail:
- First Call:
- Preferred First Call:
- Meant Program:
- Nation of Citizenship:
The MCF Program Assistant will accept and figure out Admissibility Submissions up until November 9 th,2018 If you are preparing to request the MBA, please email the MBA Workplace Admissions group at email@example.com by October 25 th, 2018 to identify your eligibility.
Action 2: Extra Tests
If your Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English, make plans to take an English Efficiency Test (TOEFL or IELTS) and have actually the outcomes sent out to UBC; https://you.ubc.ca/applying-ubc/english-language-competency/
Action 3: Mastercard Structure Scholars Program Eligibility Bundle
You need to finish the Mastercard Structure Scholars Program Applications prior to you use to UBC. The Mastercard Structure Scholars Program Applications are due on November 16 th,2018 We highly suggest you utilize e-mail as this is quicker and costs less. Late or insufficient bundles can not be accepted and UBC is not accountable for any bundles not gotten by the due date.
In order for the Choice Committee to identify your eligibility for this scholarship, you need to show monetary requirement, a dedication to return and how your education will contribute to the change of your neighborhood, your area or your nation in Africa. You need to:
- Total the Mastercard Structure Scholars Program Eligibility Kind. This would be sent out to you by the Program Assistant after identifying your eligibility. If sending a hand-written Eligibility Kind, guarantee that the file is plainly understandable.
- Send the Individual Declarations as noted at the end of the Eligibility Kind. Please see listed below:.
- Exactly what is of value to you and shows who you are?(200-300 words)
- Explain a current, significant participation in your neighborhood, including exactly what your function is/has remained in the activity/ies. (200-300 words)
- Why are you thinking about studying at UBC, and how do you imagine your picked program of research study at UBC assisting you to reach your long-lasting profession and individual objectives? What drives you to accomplish your objectives? (200– 300 words)
- Determination is vital to the conclusion of this Please explain a circumstance where you needed to get rid of a substantial barrier/ obstacle( s) to reach an objective. How did you respond to this obstacle, and exactly what did you gain from the circumstance? (200– 300 words)
- Exactly what else should we understand about your monetary condition in order to consider you for this scholarship?(200-300 words)
- Offer 2 referral The exact same referrals can be offered scholastic application. Nevertheless, a strong choice will be offered to referrals that can vouch for your management abilities, dedication to social work and why you are matched for this award. (These referrals remain in addition to the ones you have actually currently sent for your scholastic referrals). Please keep in mind that each professors will have particular requirements for referral letters different to The Mastercard Structure Scholars Program– please ensure to follow these requirements.
- Send a CV/resume. This ought to consist of any appropriate education and work experience.
- Send the Eligibility Kind, Personal Statements, CV and 2 referrals Please total and transform your eligibility files to.pdf format and email them as accessories to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 16, 2018.
Action 4: UBC Graduate Program Application
- Use Online: As Soon As your Mastercard Structure Application is total, you will get an e-mail with directions to send an online application to.
- Evaluation the directions for professors applications at: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/application-admission/application-process
- Application Charges: You might be qualified for a cost waiver if your nation is noted as one of the world’s 50 least industrialized nations, inning accordance with the United Nations. If you have any concerns, please get in touch with the MCFSP Program Please visit this site to examine if you are qualified: https://www.un.org/development/desa/dpad/least-developed-country-category/ldcs-at-a-glance.html
Action 5: Evaluating Process
- In March 2019, Professors will choose confessed prospects for the Mastercard Structure Scholarship. A university-wide choice committee will evaluate scholarship applications from all 3 Professors, rank them and choose award receivers.
- In April 2019, just the MCF Scholar award receivers will be called and quickly afterwards a statement of award receivers will be made. Regrettably, due to the high volume of applications we get, we are unable to react to all candidates who have not get the scholarship.
To Find Out More: