Application Due Date: 4pm, Friday 30 August 2019
The Institute for Creative Arts( ICA) at the University of Cape Town welcomes applications for MA Research Study in Live Art, Interdisciplinary and Public Art from 2020-2021 Choreographers, visual artists, entertainers, directors, authors, managers in addition to imaginative and carrying out arts scientists are all welcomed to use.
The ICA is an interdisciplinary institute in the University of Cape.
Town’s Liberal arts Professors that assists in brand-new collective research study.
tasks, especially in the Innovative and Carrying Out Arts.
Interdisciplinarity, Live Art and Public Spheres are crucial styles of the.
Institute, and tasks are imbued with development, partnership and a.
discussion with urbanism and neighborhood.
Research Study Focus:
- Interdisciplinary discussions, inclusive of such hybrid kinds as.
site-specific efficiency, mixed-media efficiency, post-dramatic.
theatre, modern dance, live art (or efficiency art), efficiency.
- Interdisciplinary research study in relation to cultural and socio-political contexts.
Websites for research study consist of:
- Interdisciplinary Cooperation
- Efficiency Art/ Live Art
- Live Art in South Africa and other parts of the African continent
- Decolonial imaginaries, the decolonial body and the body as text and website of contestation
- Spectatorship and relationships with watching, audience participation
- Website uniqueness and the imaginative and carrying out arts
- The development of Public Spheres: open gain access to areas for the development.
and reception of imaginative and carrying out arts occasions and discourse.
All trainees will be needed to go to a routine Workshop Program.
throughout the year in addition to a Studio Program for the very first term.
of their degree. Trainees might choose to do the degree by Composed Thesis.
or a Practice-Based Program including Practical Outcomes.
( Performances/Installations/Exhibitions for instance) and Composed.
Explication. Trainees will be based at the ICA, at UCT’s Hiddingh.
School, Gardens, Cape Town with co-ordination by Professors Jay Pather and Mark Fleishman.
The ICA likewise reveals arrangement for scholarships valued at R100000 per year.
Scholarships are for a two-year duration: 2020-2021 The MA degree should be finished at the end of 2021.
There are 4 scholarships readily available.
Go to http://www.ica.uct.ac.za/ica/webform/MAApplications where you will be needed to send an Expression of Interest consisted of the following:
- Call, Surname, Citizenship, Address, Contact Numbers, Passport/ID number and Email
- Proposed Research Study Location and Thesis (max 300 words)
- Indicate whether you want to pursue the research study even if your application for a complete scholarship is not successful
Once the choice committee has actually evaluated the Expressions of.
Interest, the ICA will approach a shortlist of prospects to send a.
official application with a complete proposition.
All prospects are motivated to use, and in specific black South African females.
Applications will be accepted by means of the webform above up until 4pm, Friday 30 August 2019
The ICA will decline applications by means of e-mail.
[email protected] with the subject line MA Proposition Inquiry
For More Details: