Application Due Date: 30 January 2020
The Health Economics and HIV/AIDS Research Study Department (HEARD) based at the University of KwaZulu-Natal is a local and international leader for used research study and policy advancement on vital health and advancement difficulties for the African continent. HEARD’s objective is to affect and support evidence-based policy and great practice to better attend to Africa’s health and advancement concerns and to add to accomplishing health and sustainable advancement throughout the continent.
An important part of accomplishing HEARD’s objective is purchasing the advancement of African scholars to master quantitative and qualitative research study approaches for comprehending policy issues and for creating, examining and/or executing policy or programmatic options. The objective of our PhD program is to produce skillfully certified graduates to recommend or to be part of prominent policy-making or program executing entities in Africa, and to pursue extra research study top priorities.
Applications are welcomed from people of all African nations. Female prospects and, when it comes to South Africa, those from formerly disadvantaged backgrounds, are specifically motivated to use.
• Hold a Master’s Degree (very first or upper secondclass pass or its comparable).
• Have verifiable research study experience.
• Undertake to sign up for a PhD argumentation (fulltime) at the University of KwaZulu– Natal (UKZN).
• Make a dedication to stay on the Africancontinent for a minimum of 2 years after graduation.
The worth of each scholarship is R540,000 It will be paid in equivalent tranches over 3 years. Tranche payments will be paid depending on an acceptable development report. Effective prospects are needed to be based in Durban, South Africa, throughout of the scholarship, with the exception of the time throughout which they might carry out field research study somewhere else.
How to Use:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
• A letter of inspiration.
• CV. • A 8 to 10 page principle note on among the 3 above-mentioned 3 research study concerns.
• Qualified copies of both your scholastic certifications and of your complete scholastic records. When it comes to certifications gotten from non-English speaking nations and English translationmust be consisted of.
• A licensed copy of your ID/passport.
• 2 letters of referral, a minimum of among which should be scholastic.
The second can be from a person of expert standing.
To Find Out More: