Application Due Date: October 152019
Beginning in 2020, the UMAPS program will host 2 friends annually (August through December, and January through May). Candidates will have the chance to suggest their choice for a specific associate throughout the application procedure.
UMAPS accepts direct applications from professor of.
colleges or universities in Ethiopia, Ghana, Liberia, South Africa, and.
Professor of institution of higher learnings in all other African.
nations can just use to the UMAPS program upon election by a U-M.
professor with whom they have a pre-existing relationship.
* Previous receivers of the.
UMAPS fellowship are not qualified to use. Choice will be provided to.
candidates without substantial worldwide experience outside the.
All candidates should:
- Be an early profession professor who has actually taught in the greater.
education system for less than 10 years, currently teaching in a.
college or university in Africa
- Have the ability to show assistance from house organization with letter of.
suggestion from head of department, dean, or vice chancellor
- Have the ability to stay in house for 5 months
Applicants beyond Ethiopia, Ghana, Liberia, South Africa, or Uganda needs to be chosen by a University of Michigan professor with whom the interested candidate currently has a pre-existing/established relationship.
The nominating professors should:
- Total the online election kind (for University of Michigan professors just; gain access to needs U-M login)
- Send/ submit a letter of recommendation that suggests their.
desire to work as a coach throughout the length of the residency,.
dedicate to satisfy routinely, and supply an office for the.
Note: Upon invoice of the U-M professors’s election kind, ASC will send out the invite to use to the prospective prospect.
Application List and Timeline.
All candidates should:
- Total the online application kind ” ( This link can just be utilized.
by candidates from the list below nations: Ethiopia, Ghana, Liberia,.
South Africa, or Uganda)
- Submit a curriculum vitae utilizing the online application
- Submit a academic program/research proposition(not to surpass 5 pages)
Applications from a vast array of disciplines and schools are welcome; applications that line up with the center’s efforts– AHHI, ASRI, and STEM-Africa— are urged
- Supply total name and contact info of the department.
head, dean, or vice chancellor at the candidate’s house organization who.
will be composing their letter of assistance
Applications will be examined after the closing date on October 15 Insufficient applications will not be processed.
Just applications sent through the online system will be thought about.
For More Details: