Application Due Date: 11 February 2019
The Reuters Institute, based at the University of Oxford, uses a restricted variety of Reporter Fellowships each year. The fully-funded Fellowships are focused on practicing reporters from all over the world, to allow them to investigate a subject of their option, associated to their work and the more comprehensive media market, prior to going back to newsrooms. The Fellowships use a chance to network with a worldwide group of reporters, hang around far from the day-to-day pressure of due dates, and analyze the essential problems dealing with the market, with input from leading specialists and specialists. Fellowships last one, 2 or 3 terms.
- To be thought about for a Fellowship you should have a minimum of 5 years’ journalistic experience, or in uncommon cases show the comparable level of competence.
- You will have the ability to compose at a publishable level of English, enabling you to take part in the fellowship and produce documents when required. If English is not your mother tongue, please present ideal proof (this is an initial certificate no greater than 2 years of ages and provided by the pertinent body) that you are at an appropriate requirement. More info on the university’s English language requirements.
You will deal with a knowledgeable manager, normally an Oxford scholastic or senior professional, to produce a term paper which will be released and promoted by the Reuters Institute. You will likewise take advantage of the substantial discovering centers used by the University of Oxford, consisting of the world-famous Bodleian Library, and access to different workshops and lectures throughout the university. You are likewise motivated to engage with the university’s cutting edge professional research study centers, consisting of centres for African, Middle Eastern, South Asian, Eastern and Western European, Japanese and Chinese research studies. Throughout your Fellowship you will have going to scholar status of Green Templeton College enabling you to utilize their centers.
You will participate in workshops provided by a varied and top-level variety of visitor speakers who will share their insights into essential market patterns and advancements. You will likewise check out first-rate news organisations and acquire insights into how they are approaching market difficulties. Previous check outs have actually consisted of journeys to Thomson Reuters, the Financial Times, the BBC, the Economic Expert and the Guardian
- Many Reporter Fellowships are fully-funded and cover living expenses and lodging. There are some chances for self-funded prospects.
- Some Fellowships are open just to prospects who are workers of the sponsoring organisation.
To use, you will require to send the following files and info utilizing our online application (listed below):
- A complete curriculum vitae/resume
- An individual declaration describing i) your journalistic worths, ii) the significant patterns in the media landscape in which you work, and iii) a summary of what you believe you would add to the Fellowship program (no greater than 500 words in overall).
- A declaration of approximately 1,000 words describing your proposed research study task
- A recommendation from your company, supporting your application and giving leave of lack– if you are a self-employed reporter, we will accept an expert recommendation from a coworker or college tutor
- A 2nd expert recommendation (e.g. previous company)
- A sample of your work (please see particular requirements listed below)
- Proof you have the necessary English language capability, if English is not your mother tongue ( an initial certificate that is not more than 2 years of ages and provided by the accountable body) — please see more about the university’s language requirements
- 3 posts or reports (more than 3 will not be examined), consisting of dates and names of the publications
- A translation into English should accompany product released in other languages
- Applicants in supervisory or editorial positions for whom it would be challenging to send out work samples must consist of a declaration of approximately 500 words explaining their work
- A link/URL to an example of your work by means of Vimeo or YouTube (optimum 10 minutes), plus a quick, composed description of the product
- A summary or transcription in English should accompany product in other languages
- Applicants in supervisory or editorial positions for whom it would be challenging to send out work samples must consist of a declaration of approximately 500 words explaining your work, consisting of information of any significant programs for which you have actually been accountable
N.B. APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE THOUGHT ABOUT WITHOUT THE ABOVE WORK.
For Additional Information: