Due Date: September 2, 2019
The call for the UP Commonwealth Scholarship for inbound Doctoral trainees who want to do their research studies at the University of Pretoria in 2020 is open.
The University of Pretoria is a research study extensive university. For this reason, it is looking for prospects for doctoral research studies who will make substantial contributions to its research study endeavour. As part of South Africa’s contribution to the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Strategy, the University of Pretoria has actually made funds readily available for 2 doctoral scholarships for trainees originating from Commonwealth Countries (leaving out South African trainees).
This scholarship is referred to as the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship and will be granted on a competitive basis. The University of Pretoria has a recognized credibility for scholastic quality, especially in relation to its significant research study activities.
The worth of this Doctoral Scholarship will be R170,000 p.a. This quantity needs to be utilized to cover the following trainee expenses:
- Lodging and living expenses
- Charges p.a.
- Medical Help
Note: Research study expenses will be covered by the Manager
Extra expenses covered by the University:
- Flight ticket to RSA from house nation on evidence of research study license.
- Return flight ticket to house nation at the end of the program as validated by the professors
- Shuttle bus service on arrival in South Africa from OR Tambo International Airport to Pretoria and return from Pretoria to OR Tambo on conclusion.
- UP application charge and Visa expenses which will be reimbursed on evidence of invoices on arrival.
- Expenses not covered by the Organization:.
- Household costs
- Extra luggage costs
- The UP Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship will be granted to candidates who are residents of Commonwealth nations
- Candidates should perform their research studies at the University of Pretoria to begin in 2020
- Candidates should have finished the degree that will provide admission to a doctoral program no greater than 2 years prior to their application for the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship
- Candidates should not be older than 35 years of age at the time of application
- PhD and Masters trainees presently signed up at the University of Pretoria are not qualified for the Doctoral Scholarship
Award of this scholarship will be based upon:
- Academic efficiency
- Possible to carry out sophisticated research study activities
- Management qualities
- Proof of research study achievement at the masters’ level by ways of publications or other suitable items of the work carried out
- Prizes and honours got.
In order to be thought about for this scholarship, prospects should send the following paperwork to the University of Pretoria;-LRB- **********).
- Application for the UP PhD Commonwealth Scholarship
- Connected the following files to the application:.
- The UP Online application Ref “T” number or 2020 trainee number (if readily available)
- A composed inspiration from the potential Doctoral manager that candidate will be monitored by them and research study financing is readily available
- An overview (one A4 page), of the proposed research study work
- RÃ©sumÃ© (CV)– no greater than 3 pages
- Evidence that research study leave will be approved if the scholarship is granted (if relevant)
- Copy of passport
- Complete scholastic records of all credentials acquired (not certificates)
The above files must be sent out as a single PDF to [email protected] with the subject Heading: UP Commonwealth
- Finished recommendation kinds from 2 various academics/supervisors who have present understanding of the candidate’s scholastic efficiency. Referees form to be sent out straight to [email protected].
To learn more, check out UP Scholarship