Application Due Date: 30 June 2019
The Centre for Person Rights, University of Pretoria now provides an LLM/MPhil (Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa) degree. This two-year program is used as a mixed knowing course consisting of online interaction and property block-weeks in Pretoria. 2 contact sessions will be arranged every year (4 contact sessions over a duration of 2 years).
- The LLM degree is open to people with an LLB degree or equivalent.
- The MPhil degree is open to non-lawyers with a minimum of an honours.
degree in a scholastic discipline appropriate to sexual and reproductive.
rights in Africa
OR any other credentials in a scholastic.
discipline appropriate to sexual and reproductive rights in Africa that.
enables admission to a master’s program at the organization where the.
undergraduate credentials was acquired. If that credentials has actually a.
period of less than 4 years, significant tested useful or.
expert experience in sexual and reproductive rights in Africa,.
based on the discretion of the Dean, is additional needed.
Candidates need to have outstanding scholastic qualifications and show human rights experience or interest. An optimum of fifteen trainees will be accepted for the 2018 scholastic year.
APPROXIMATELY 15 FULL SCHOLARSHIPS ARE OFFERED FOR AFRICAN RESIDENTS.
Objectives of the program:
The LLM/MPhil (Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa) has.
short-term in addition to long-lasting objectives. In the short-term, it intends to.
protect the following objectives:
- to gear up the student with understanding and understanding of sexual and.
reproductive health and rights from domestic, local and worldwide.
global point of views
- to gear up the student with research study abilities in sexual and reproductive health and rights
- to gear up the student with advocacy abilities for promoting sexual and reproductive health and rights
- to gear up the student with useful abilities for protecting the awareness of sexual and reproductive health and rights
The objectives of the Master’s program exceed the simple enrichment of.
the student. In the long-lasting, the LLM/MPhil Program must accept.
people, and neighborhoods in the African area and beyond, concrete.
social advantages, consisting of:
- grooming of leaders with a capability to affect the social improvement of societies
- raising of public awareness about sexual and reproductive health and rights
- increasing the general public understanding of sexual and reproductive health and rights
- boosting the capability of groups, networks or organisations that.
promote sexual and reproductive health and rights and associated rights,.
consisting of the rights of females and sexual minorities
- advancing the reproductive and sexual health and rights of people and neighborhoods
- combating discrimination and preconception surrounding sexual and reproductive health and rights
- affecting interventions in sexual and reproductive health and rights nationwide and local levels
- affecting policy-making in sexual and reproductive health and rights at the nationwide and local levels
How to use
Click on this link to check out the application procedure
Click on this link to use online (please note– you need to develop an account on the Submittable platform prior to you can use)
Course period (2 years)
2020 consumption: January 2020– December 2021
Application due date: 30 June 2019
This is a choice course and applications need to be sent prior to 31 July 2019 to be confessed to the 2020 scholastic year.
To Find Out More: