Deadline: August 1, 2021
Applications are open for the University of Sussex Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Postgraduate Conversion Scholarship 2021. Sussex has received funding from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and the Office for Artificial Intelligence (OAI) to increase diversity in the AI and data science sector and to support students from underrepresented groups to access, participate and succeed in higher education.
The University of Sussex is a leading research-intensive university near Brighton. They have both an international and local outlook, with staff and students from more than 100 countries and frequent engagement in community activities and services.
- Fourteen scholarships amounting to £10,000 will be awarded.
- To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you must have been offered and accepted a place on one of the following degrees, commencing in September 2021:
- MSc Artifical Intelligence and Adaptive Systems
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Human and Social Data Science
- Scholarships will be prioritised for black students, female students and students with disabilities.
- Special consideration will also be give to students from areas of the UK where young people are less likely to go on to higher education (POLAR quintiles 1 and 2), care experienced students, estranged students, Gypsy, Roma, Traveller students, refugees and children from military families, veterans and partners of military personnel.
- They will accept overseas applications, however, priority will be given to UK applicants.
Eligible applicants will need to submit an academic statement as part of the application process. Your statement will be assessed on the following:
- Any relevant extra-curricular or work experience
- Your motivation for choosing the course
- In what ways this scholarship will help you achieve your ambitions
All on-time applications will be considered after the August 1 deadline, they cannot consider late applications.
For more information, visit University of Sussex.