Application Due Date: June 30 th 2019
UNU-CS invites current PhD graduates to join us and co-create interesting research study jobs together. To this goal, we are developing a Young Details and Interaction Technologies and Advancement (ICTD) Fellowship program.
ICTD Fellows will invest one year in home at UNU-CS in Macau to.
conduct research study in ICTD under the guidance of UNU-CS Principal.
Scientists and the Head of Research study. You will carry out high quality.
research study that can press brand-new frontiers, deepen core research study.
understanding, and/or use brand-new methods to enduring.
developmental concerns in the field of ICTs and sustainable advancement.
Your research study results will notify UN policy-making on concerns connected to.
ICTs and sustainable advancement.
The objectives of the program are to:
- add to the ICTs and sustainable advancement research study field
- address international advancement concerns in line with the UN Sustainable Advancement Goals (SDGs)
- engage scholastic partners within the UN policy-making procedure
- increase our combined research study capability, international reach, and effect
- keep UNU-CS research study abreast of brand-new and emerging scholarship on sustainable advancement
- cultivate an interdisciplinary intellectual neighborhood
The chosen ICTD Fellows will get the following advantages:
- office in our freshly remodelled office complex, which becomes part of Macau’s abundant cultural heritage
- totally free lodging in UNU-CS’ personnel apartment or condo center in the centre.
of Macau, a 15 minute walk from the workplace; you will not pay lease however.
energies just (constant residency is needed)
- economy travel to and from Macau on the very first arrival and last departure
- a stipend, competitive with regional market rates
Picked prospects will be welcomed for an interview, as part of the choice procedure.
At the end of the fellowship program, the ICTD Fellows are anticipated.
to collectively or separately produce research study documents and a UN policy.
Needed certifications and experience
Needed certifications and experience consist of:
- a Ph.D. or comparable degree finished in a pertinent discipline in the last 2 years
- showed experience conceptualising and performing desk and field research study in a location appropriate to the ICTD field
- engagement in research study appropriate to UNU-CS’ research study programs
- exceptional command of spoken and composed English
- versatility and the capability to work under due dates
- the capability for innovative options and out-of-the-box thinking
- a results-driven frame of mind
- terrific group gamer with strong social abilities, shown by.
the capability to operate in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with.
level of sensitivity and regard for variety
Reimbursement will be commensurate with certifications and experience. UN earnings is exempt to taxes in Macau.
Period of agreement
This is a resident position on a one (1) year Worker Service.
Contract (PSA) agreement with UNU with the possibility for renewal of.
one (1) year topic to efficiency and financing accessibility.
This is an agreement position falling beyond the United Nations.
Typical System. The effective prospect will not hold worldwide.
civil servant status nor be a “employee” as specified in the United.
Nations Personnel Rules and Laws.
4 th Quarter of 2019.
4 Young ICTD Fellow positions will be filled through this.
recruitment workout. An extra 10 to fifteen prospects will be.
put on the institute lineup, which serves 2 functions:
- If comparable positions open in the future, the lineup prospects.
might be positioned to fill the positions straight without replicating the.
- The lineup prospects will be engaged by the institute on a routine.
basis through virtual conferences to share their research study jobs.
and/or to contribute concepts to the institute’s research study program.
To Find Out More: