Application Due Date: 7th May 2019
Applications are welcomed for an International Fellowship for early to mid-career metropolitan scholars from the Global South, on any style significant to a much better understanding of metropolitan truths in the Global South. The Fellowship covers the expenses of a sabbatical duration at a university of the prospect’s option in the Worldwide North or South for the function of writing the prospect’s existing research study findings in the kind of publishable short articles or a book under the assistance of a picked coach in their discipline. Financing is offered for a duration varying in between 3-9 months.
Candidates should be early to mid-career metropolitan scholars with a PhD.
acquired within the preceding 10 years who presently operate in a.
university or other research study organization within the Global South.
Prospects should likewise be nationals of a nation in the Worldwide South,.
specified here as nations on the OECD’s existing ODA recipient list (2018-2020)
Choice might be provided to prospects from least or low-income.
nations however middle-income nations on the list are not left out if.
the requirement for assistance is warranted.
The prospect should make ideal plans to be mentored by a.
appropriately experienced senior metropolitan scholar at the prospect’s picked.
research study organization. More details are offered to download here An application can be downloaded here
The financial backing connected to the fellowship will satisfy.
lodging and subsistence requirements while remaining at the host.
university, return (economy class) air fare, and support towards.
research study expenses (consisting of any costs or expenses of being a going to fellow.
at the organization). There is likewise a little budget plan offered for the.
coach to help the Fellow to satisfy their designated research study objectives should.
this be suitable.
The application should consist of:
- an overview of the organized research study, showing its creativity, rigour and worth to the field of metropolitan research studies [1200 words max.]
- a declaration of the designated research study outputs (e.g. short articles [specify target journals], an essay, and so on) [300 words max.]
- classification of the northern or southern organization where the fellowship will be pursued and factors for its choice [300 words max.]
- the name of the metropolitan scholar at that organization going to function as coach to the fellow throughout the fellowship, and a declaration of how their knowledge will support and help with the proposed research study
- draft budget plan listing primary expense products
- a 3-page CV listing scholastic accomplishments and publications
- a letter from the potential coach mentioning their determination to function as a coach to the fellow and suggesting the viability of the host organization for the proposed sabbatical research study
- a brief CV from the coach (3 pages optimum), ideally consisting of any previous mentoring experience if suitable.
- the names and contact information of 2 scholastic referees.
To Learn More: