Due Date: May 7, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the Urban Research Structure International Fellowship The fellowship is for early to mid-career city scholars from the Global South, on any style important to a much better underst anding of city truths in the Global South.
The Fellowship covers the expenses of a sabbatical duration at a university of the prospect’s option in the Worldwide North or South for the function of writing the prospect’s existing research study findings in the kind of publishable posts or a book under the assistance of a selected coach in their discipline. Financing is offered for a duration varying in between 3-9 months.
- The financial backing connected to the fellowship will fulfill lodging and subsistence requirements while remaining at the host university, return (economy class) air fare, and help towards research study expenses (consisting of any charges or expenses of being a checking out fellow at the organization).
- There is likewise a little budget plan offered for the coach to help the Fellow to fulfill their designated research study objectives need to this be proper.
- Candidates need to be early to mid-career city scholars with a PhD gotten within the preceding 10 years who presently operate in a university or other research study organization within the Global South.
- Prospects need to likewise be nationals of a nation in the Worldwide South, specified here as nations on the OECD’s existing ODA recipient list (2018-2020)
- Choice might be offered to prospects from least or low-income nations however middle-income nations on the list are not left out if the requirement for assistance is warranted.
- The prospect need to make ideal plans to be mentored by an appropriately knowledgeable senior city scholar at the prospect’s selected research study organization.
The application need to consist of:
- a summary of the organized research study, showing its creativity, rigour and worth to the field of city research studies [1200 words max.]
- a declaration of the designated research study outputs (e.g. posts [specify target journals], an essay, and so on) [300 words max.]
- classification of the northern or southern organization where the fellowship will be pursued and factors for its choice [300 words max.]
- the name of the city scholar at that organization ready to function as coach to the fellow throughout the fellowship, and a declaration of how their competence will support and assist in the proposed research study
- draft budget plan listing primary expense products
- a 3-page CV listing scholastic accomplishments and publications
- a letter from the potential coach specifying their determination to function as a coach to the fellow and showing the viability of the host organization for the proposed sabbatical research study
- a brief CV from the coach (3 pages optimum), ideally consisting of any previous mentoring experience if appropriate.
- the names and contact information of 2 scholastic referees.
Finished applications need to be sent digitally to USF Director of Operations, Joe Shaw ([email protected]), no behind 7th May 2019
To find out more, check out Urban Research Studies Structure