Application Due Date: December 1st 2018
The U.S. Department of State’s Middle East Collaboration Effort (MEPI) and AMIDEAST are happy to reveal this year’s recruitment for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program. The Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program is a MEPI effort for capable and extremely inspired high school elders in the Middle East and North Africa who are from underserved backgrounds. The program will supply four-year university scholarships and internship chances at choose organizations of greater knowing in the Middle East to trainees who have the possible to end up being leaders.
Qualified trainees consist of males and females who represent the area’s cultural, spiritual, and geographical variety and are from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds, who might otherwise acquire admission to, however would be not able to manage, 4 years of college at an American university in the Middle East. Tomorrow’s Leaders scholarship receivers ought to be prepared to start the program in the Fall 2019 term.
The main goal of MEPI’s Tomorrow’s Leaders scholarship program is to construct a cadre of university-age leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and expertly knowledgeable, who will end up being the neighborhood, company, and nationwide leaders of the future. The program plans to support management abilities and the spirit of civic engagement and volunteerism amongst impressive university-age trainees at the American University of Beirut and the Lebanese American University.
Chosen trainees will sign up with the 447 Tomorrow’s Leaders currently studying or who have actually finished from these universities.
Scholarship receivers might pursue a bachelor’s degree in a chosen field at one of the 2 host organizations. In addition to their research studies, receivers will be anticipated to keep a minimum of a 3.0 GPA, take part in social work activities and take part in internships. Restricted English- language training will be offered some individuals. Trainees might likewise have a chance for a research study abroad term in the U.S.
American University of Beirut– Used Majors to MEPI-TL candidates who will enlist in Fall 2019
Professors of Farming and Food Sciences FAFS
• Agribusiness (BS)
• Farming (BS)
• Food Science and Management (BS)
• Landscape Architecture (BLA)
• Nutrition and Dietetics (BS)
Professors of Arts and Sciences (FAS)
• Arabic Language and Literature (Bachelor’s Degree)
• Archaeology (Bachelor’s Degree)
• Art History (Bachelor’s Degree)
• Biology (BS)
• Chemistry (BS)
• Computer Technology (BS)
• Economics (Bachelor’s Degree)
• Education/Elementary (Bachelor’s Degree)
• English Language (Bachelor’s Degree)
• English Literature (Bachelor’s Degree)
• Geology (BS)
• History (Bachelor’s Degree)
• Mathematics (Bachelor’s Degree, BS)
• Media and Interaction (Bachelor’s Degree)
• Petroleum Research Studies (BS)
• Viewpoint (Bachelor’s Degree)
• Physics (BS)
• Political Research Studies (Bachelor’s Degree)
• Psychology (Bachelor’s Degree)
• Public Administration (Bachelor’s Degree)
• Sociology-Anthropology (Bachelor’s Degree)
• Unique Education (DIPLM)
• Data (Bachelor’s Degree)
• Studio Arts (Bachelor’s Degree)
• Mentor Diploma (TD) (Mentor of Arabic, Health Education, Elementary Education, Informatics Education, Mathematics Education, Science Education, Mentor of Social Researches, Mentor of English as a foreign language)
Professors of Health Sciences (FHS)
• Environmental Health (BS)
- Rafic Hariri School of Nursing (HSON)
Olayan School of Organisation (OSB)
• Organisation Administration (BBA)
- Involvement in the program consists of: travel, scholastic costs for 4 years of university at AUB or LAU, a research study abroad experience in the U.S., mishap and illness insurance coverage, real estate, and a regular monthly allowance throughout the academic year.
For Additional Information: