Deadline: July 23, 2021
Are you a young changemaker between the ages of 18 and 35? If so, YouthLEAD Global will want to see the impact you are having on your community. Apply for the Digital Storytelling Contest 2021.
The Contest calls for applicants to submit an original, three-minute video or slideshow in Arabic, English, French, or Spanish that tells the story of your youth-led actions to advance local, national, or global development and meets the contest requirements. The story you tell can be personal, that of a group of young changemakers, or that of a youth-led organization.
While any type of development activity would be acceptable, special attention will be given to those stories that link their work to advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and/or the following key issues:
- COVID-19/Pandemic Response
- Education/Skills Development
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
- Climate Action
- Food Security/Resilience
- Digital Literacy/Security/Action
- Civic Engagement, and
- Wellness/Violence Reduction
The five selected winners will be announced on August 2 on YouthLead.org and across all campaign partners’ social media channels. In addition, contest winners will:
- Take part in the USAID Global LEAD #WatchOurImpact Dialogue with other VIPs on August 12.
- Be featured on GenU’s website.
- Have the opportunity to meet with a senior member of the GenU global leadership council or board.
- Lead a “social media takeover” of GenU accounts.
- Become part of GenU’s pool of moderators.
- Be connected with GenU country offices.
Open to all members of the public who are:
- Citizens of low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) as listed here
- Aged 18-35, and
- Members of YouthLead with a member profile that is at least 80 percent complete.
How to Apply
Entering is easy.
- Create a three-minute video or slideshow that meets the contest requirements.
- Upload your video or slideshow to YouTube.
- Fill out the submission form. You must be a member of YouthLead.org to submit, but registration is free.
- Encourage your friends and network to vote for your submission on social media by sharing the link once it’s posted on the #WatchOurImpact Contest Video Gallery page and by using #WatchOurImpact.
For more information, visit YouthLead.