Due Date: March 31, 2019
Applications are open for the USIP Generation Modification Exchange with His Holiness the Dalai Lama2019 The U.S. Institute of Peace and His Holiness the Dalai Lama have actually partnered to develop bridges in between worldwide leaders and youth peacebuilders.
In assistance of UN Security Council Resolution 2250 on Youth, Peace and Security, this collaboration will develop an area where useful, intergenerational discussions can take place that start to minimize the divides separating the work of youth leaders and more standard leaders.
The program will bring a group of youth peacebuilders to Dharamsala for 2 days of discussion with the Dalai Lama to go over methods which youth can partner with worldwide leaders to develop peace. Chosen youth will originate from a few of the world’s most conflict-ridden locations. The program dates are October 17-27, 2019.
His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Couple of world leaders can comprehend the experience of youth peacebuilders as totally as His Holiness, who, at age 15, was thrust into the management of his individuals as they dealt with the injuries of war. Like a few of the youth individuals in this program, His Holiness left his nation as a refugee and has actually lived for several years in exile.
In Dharamsala, the youth leaders will share their experiences and will go over with His Holiness methods which youth leaders and world leaders can cooperatively develop peace. The really engagement of youth with His Holiness will work as a design for the youth on how to bridge intergenerational divides. The discussion in Dharamsala will supply a platform for higher worldwide advocacy for youth top priorities in peace and security and will broaden the worldwide effect of youth leaders.
- Candidates need to live and operate in Afghanistan, Burma, Main African Republic, Colombia, Iraq, Libya, Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria (or of Syrian origin living and operating in Lebanon, Turkey or Jordan), Tunisia, Venezuela or Yemen;-LRB- ***************).
- Needs To be 18-28 years of ages;-LRB- ***************).
- Needs to have the ability to check out, compose and speak English;-LRB- ***************).
- Needs to hold a management function in a company that does peacebuilding work;-LRB- ***************).
- Needs to have a passport that stands through April 2020.
Submissions that are insufficient or late will not be thought about. Applications will be accepted no behind March 31, 2019 at 17: 00 (GMT -4: 00). All queries ought to be sent out to [email protected]
For more details, see USIP Generation Modification