Due Date: November 6, 2019
Applications are open for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Program 2020 The Vanier CGS program intends to draw in and keep first-rate doctoral trainees by supporting trainees who show both management abilities and a high requirement of academic accomplishment in graduate research studies in the social sciences and liberal arts, lives sciences and/or engineering and health.
The Federal government of Canada released the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008 to reinforce Canada’s capability to draw in and keep first-rate doctoral trainees and develop Canada as an international centre of quality in research study and greater knowing. Vanier Scholars show management abilities and a high requirement of academic accomplishment in graduate research studies in the social sciences and liberal arts, lives sciences and/or engineering and health.
The Vanier CGS program assists Canadian organizations draw in extremely certified doctoral trainees.
3 years (non-renewable)
Scholarships are dispersed similarly in between the 3 federal giving companies:
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Study (CIHR)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Study Council (NSERC)
- Social Sciences and Liberal Arts Research Study Council (SSHRC)
- The scholarship is valued at $50,00 0 each year for 3 years throughout doctoral research studies
- As Much As 166 scholarships are granted each year. An overall of as much as 500 scholarships are active at any time.
Canadian residents, long-term citizens of Canada and foreign residents are qualified to be chosen for a Vanier CGS.
To be thought about for a Vanier CGS, you need to:
- be chosen by just one Canadian organization, which need to have gotten a Vanier CGS quota;-LRB- ***************).
- be pursuing your very first postgraduate degree (consisting of joint undergraduate/graduate research study program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD– if it has actually a shown and substantial research study element). Keep in mind that just the PhD part of a combined degree is qualified for moneying;-LRB- ***************).
- mean to pursue, in the summertime term or the scholastic year following the statement of outcomes, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) research studies and research study at the nominating organization; Keep in mind that just the PhD part of a combined degree is qualified for moneying;-LRB- ***************).
- not have actually finished more than 20 months of doctoral research studies since Might 1, 2020
- have actually accomplished a superior average, as identified by your organization, in each of the last 2 years of full-time research study or equivalent. Prospects are motivated to call the organization for its meaning of a superior average; and
- needs to not hold, or have actually held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to carry out or finish a postgraduate degree.
Locations of research study:
- Health research study
- Lives sciences and/or engineering research study
- Social sciences and liberal arts research study
- Academic Quality
- Research Study Prospective
- Management (capacity and showed capability)
Prospects need to be chosen by a Canadian organization with a quota (i.e., a fixed variety of applications that can be advanced to the nationwide competitors) to host Vanier scholars. Prospects must just look for an election from the organization at which they wish to study.
- Prospects need to be chosen by the organization at which they wish to study. Prospects can not use straight to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program. Vanier CGS application bundles sent through ResearchNet will initially be sent to the Canadian organization that will be advancing their election.
- Prospects must confirm institutional internal due dates with the administrator at the nominating organization.
- Prospects must check out the Choice Committee Guide prior to starting their application. This guide notes the 3 examination requirements and has beneficial details on how the requirements are assessed.
- The Secretariat has actually curated a list of resources to assist candidates, organizations, referees, and critics think about equity, variety, and addition in their application. All candidates are motivated to evaluate the resources prior to they start preparing their application.
- To be thought about qualified for financing, prospects need to achieve a typical rating of a minimum of 3.1 in each of the 3 choice requirements noted above.
For Trainees: Consult choosing organization for submission due date.
For nominating organizations: Due date: November 6, 2019 (20: 00 EST)
Click On This Link for nomination/application procedure.
For more details, Varnier Scholarship