Application Due Date: February 1st 2019
The ICP “Master of Transport Sciences– Roadway Security in Low & Middle Earnings Countries” uses a 2-year multidisciplinary master program with a special focus and method to Roadway Security in Establishing Nations. The program is supported by VLIR UOS and has 12 scholarships offered each year.
Trainees are trained to determine transport and roadway security concerns in order to produce ingenious options by utilizing an integrative method based upon 3 pillars: the person (handling the human behaviour in traffic and how to affect it e.g. deliberate and unintended riskful behaviour such as driving while intoxicated or cognitive disabilities), the environment (e.g. developing self-explaining roadways and facilities that lessens crash effect) and the society (e.g. social standards and translation into policy and enforcement procedures). Roadway security in this program is approached as a cross-border field, including components of psychology, economy, city preparation, ecological research studies, engineering and more.
You can just obtain a scholarship if you satisfy all VLIR-UOS scholarship requirements:
- Citizenship and nation of home:
Be a nationwide and local of among the listed below 31 nations:.
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
The optimum age for a master program scholarship is 35 (on 1st January 2019).
The Flemish Interuniversity Council (VLIR-UOS) deals 12 scholarships for our Master’s program “Master of Transport Sciences– Roadway Security in Low & Middle Earnings Countries”.
Which expenses are covered by the scholarship?
- Month-to-month allowance: EUR 1150/ month (for expense of meals, transportation, individual costs and lodging)
- 1- time payment for indirect travel expenses: EUR 150
- 1- time payment for logistical allowance: EUR 850
- Insurance coverage, global travel and tuition charge
ACTION 1. Complete an online application
Ensure all needed fields have actually been filled out and all needed files have actually been submitted.
Essential notes for the registration:
- page RESEARCH STUDY PROGRAM: choose ” Master of Transport Sciences– Traffic Security”
- page KNOWING ACCOUNT: if you have actually not yet gotten a degree in Belgium, the balance of your knowing account is 140
- page SUCCESS RATE: if you weren’t registered at Hasselt University in the previous year, avoid this page and continue to the next page of the application
- If you are qualified to obtain the ICP scholarship, you will see this on the page FINANCIAL RESOURCES of the online application. To obtain the scholarship, you need to choose the choice “YES” for “application for a VLIR-ICP scholarship”.
ACTION 2. VLIR UOS scholarship application
To obtain the ICP scholarship, you need to follow a particular treatment. You will discover more details about this treatment on the VLIR-application type, which you can download at the top of the UP/DOWNLOAD page of your online application.
ACTION 3. Send out paper copies of your application by post
- hard copy of the VLIR-UOS scholarship application
- paper copies of legalised * degree certificates and scholastic records
- paper copies of extra essential files (qualified English translations of diplomas and degrees, evidence of English efficiency, 2 recommendation letters, passport photo, …): see list
* legalised/certified paper copies of degree certificates and scholastic records.
You can ask your university to provide a brand-new set of initial records or you can ask the university who initially provided the files to make a licensed copy of your diploma/transcript/diploma supplement. They mark the copy, consequently confirming that it is a real copy of the initial file.
Photocopies or digital variations of qualified copies can not be accepted!
to this address:
attn. Ms. Leen Jorissen
For Additional Information: